Update wont install even tho i have enough storage?

A

AC Question

Okay so i decided to update my device. It has downloaded the update and now it says i dont have enough storage. It says it requires 248mb to install but ive got 500mb free. I dont get it, is there storage reserved for other stuff or something. Please help. Ive uninstalled every app i have downloaded. And moved everything to my sd card. I dont know where all the storage is being used up. Thanks in advanced

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 500 MB isn't much to work with. The 248 MB requirement is probably for the download, but the actual installation may take more. There's also a low storage threshold where the phone won't let you do anything, and you're probably right up against it.

Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Go to your phone's settings> storage> tap the cached data, it should prompt you if you want to clear it. Clear the cached data and try to update it again. When you try to download something, it tries to store the file as a cached data first. It would be best to clear cached data first. Works great for me all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87