Switched Carrier - now call back does not work (Note 4, Vz>CC)

A

AC Question

If I try to call back, the phone changes the number (I am pretty sure it's a Verizon #) and when it connects I get a message about (roughly) "This service does not allow call to the number you dialed. Please enter the number..."

I get the same when I push/hold "1" on the number pad.

Was on Verizon, switched to Consumer Cellular (they sent a new SIM card).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your phone has to have your voicemail number (not the same as your phone number) set in Settings/Device/Call/Voicemail settings. Call CC, get the proper number, and enter it there. (If that's already the number there, ask them why you can't call your own number to get your voicemail. [Long-pressing 1 on the phone dial will get you to your voicemail, so you really don't have to call your own number - but it calls the number in Settings, and if that's your Verizon voicemail number, you can't call it unless you're on Verizon.)

("Callback" has 2 specific meanings in telephony, neither of which is what you're using it for. It's either just "the number you use to call me back", as in, "my callback is 123 456-7890", or it's a "black box" that, when you call it, will call you back.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non