How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

momist

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

Thanks to the original poster [Gamekingx] that told us it was the Google search app update causing this problem. My wife and I both have S4 minis. Her phone got the problem, but mine didn't. So what's going on? I've removed the update and disabled the app on my wife's phone, and that has cured the problem, but for some strange reason mine didn't suffer. As far as I know, the firmware etc., is all at the same state of update. Just different apps loaded of course.

For those still struggling with this:
Go to Settings / (Top menu) More / Application manager / Swipe left until you reach "All" / Scroll down to Google App / touch that and then uninstall the updates. If you want to be sure, you can 'Disable' the app.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Yup, Uninstall Updates (best done via Settings > Applications > Google App > tap to open) resolves this - you don't need to (or can you even?) fully uninstall Google App. Back to earlier or factory version will be fine.

But don't forget to then go to the Google App info page in Play Store, click on the three dots (upper right corner) and disable auto-update. Otherwise it'll reinstall itself and the problem will return. No telling if Samsung or Google is, ultimately, responsible for this (is it happening on all Android devices?), so no real way we'll know if it's fixed in later builds...?

EverMod

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Performed the fix of uninstalling the latest Google app update and turned off auto updates in the Play Store; home button functions like normal again. The Google app continues to show up as an installed app in the Play Store (good) but is now missing from the Application Manager (bad?); has anybody else noticed this?

anon(10150567)

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I am as well having this problem and was hoping Google would send out a new update as they are aware of the issue. I want to still use Google on my phone. How do I uninstall the most recent update only? Thanks

DrSysop

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

This is so annoying & when is this going to be fixed? On my S3 SGH-T999L Android 4.3 I had to uninstall google updates & then turn off app & my google search widget gone on home screen & google voice. Anyone know how to update this to 4.4 or 5.0? as It says no update for phone.

Lithium023

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for the info it worked great. I figured it was something like that since two of my tablets did this right around the same time, but still made me a little worried my tablets might be dying or somthing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This is so annoying & when is this going to be fixed? On my S3 SGH-T999L Android 4.3 I had to uninstall google updates & then turn off app & my google search widget gone on home screen & google voice. Anyone know how to update this to 4.4 or 5.0? as It says no update for phone.

Welcome to Android Central! The Google app gets updated with some regularity, so wait until the next app update. In the meantime, make sure to send Google feedback through the Google app's help menu. The more feedback they get about this, the more likely they'll pay attention to it, and hopefully fix it in the next app update.

What do you mean that you had to turn off the app after uninstalling the updates for the Google app? Do you mean you tapped the Disable or Turn Off button for the Google app? You shouldn't have to do that, since uninstalling the updates has worked for most people here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I am as well having this problem and was hoping Google would send out a new update as they are aware of the issue. I want to still use Google on my phone. How do I uninstall the most recent update only? Thanks

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do that -- you can only uninstall all updates, thus reverting it to the factory installed version.

DrSysop

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

This phone had Turn Off i did that but its back to the factory version & had to go to widgets & put it back on home screen & works again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo