My Samsung Galaxy Note4 is freezing, despite a factory reset and cleared cache.

A

AC Question

My phone began freezing and resetting itself about a week ago. I decided to backup my photos at that point just in case, which freed up enough space for me to update my firmware, which I admittedly haven't done in a while.
The first update went pretty normally. The second one however, installed all the way and then proceeded to freeze on the Sprint startup screen.

I took the battery out after waiting for almost 10 minutes because my phone began to feel way too warm. Turned it back on, same problem. After a few attempts, I did the recovery mode wipe cache and factory reset. It was successful. But then it froze on the Sprint screen again. I tried once more, and the same thing happened again.

I'm really at a loss. I don't know what else to try, and I can't go to the Sprint store until the weekend. But I really need my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone began freezing and resetting itself about a week ago. I decided to backup my photos at that point just in case, which freed up enough space for me to update my firmware, which I admittedly haven't done in a while.
The first update went pretty normally. The second one however, installed all the way and then proceeded to freeze on the Sprint startup screen.

I took the battery out after waiting for almost 10 minutes because my phone began to feel way too warm. Turned it back on, same problem. After a few attempts, I did the recovery mode wipe cache and factory reset. It was successful. But then it froze on the Sprint screen again. I tried once more, and the same thing happened again.

I'm really at a loss. I don't know what else to try, and I can't go to the Sprint store until the weekend. But I really need my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

If you could manage to access Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Kies 3 on a desktop or laptop you would be able to do an Emergency Firmware Rest. This would download and install the latest updates for your Sprint Galaxy Note 4. It should also solve any problems with the software. I've done this plenty of times and it has always worked. Best wishes!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87