Question perpetual reboots on galaxy A10

Asterius921

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
hello, good day ladies and gentlemen. I have encountered a problem with my galaxy A10 device, i would appreciate any help or ideas to help me diagnose the problem, the details of the problem are as follows. couple weeks ago my phone began freezing occasionally or randomly rebooting, i would go to sleep and wake up to a rebooted phone, the frequency of this has only increases since then, in 2 instances the phone went to a blue screen which said error validating footer. currently unless i shut the phone down it is in a state of perpetual reboots.
the solutions i tried are these. earlier today reset to factory which was not fruitful. previously i tried clearing system cache as well as removing some apps that may have put a strain on the device. if i can diagnose the problem i can determine whether i should get it fixed or acquire a new device. ideally i would like to fix it.
p.s i am not using a custom rom and have never rooted my device.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
hello, good day ladies and gentlemen. I have encountered a problem with my galaxy A10 device, i would appreciate any help or ideas to help me diagnose the problem, the details of the problem are as follows. couple weeks ago my phone began freezing occasionally or randomly rebooting, i would go to sleep and wake up to a rebooted phone, the frequency of this has only increases since then, in 2 instances the phone went to a blue screen which said error validating footer. currently unless i shut the phone down it is in a state of perpetual reboots.
the solutions i tried are these. earlier today reset to factory which was not fruitful. previously i tried clearing system cache as well as removing some apps that may have put a strain on the device. if i can diagnose the problem i can determine whether i should get it fixed or acquire a new device. ideally i would like to fix it.
p.s i am not using a custom rom and have never rooted my device.
If you already tried a Factory Reset and it's still happening, you're likely going to have to move onto more difficult steps such as downloading the firmware, Odin and reflashing it to be a fresh install.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would try safe mode this will disable all 3rd party apps if it's ok tested over few days you still be able use phone for calls then look at a 3rd party app download. Flashing the stock firmware I can help u with that if needed steps and how to save data no factory reset when doing so.

Last edited:

Asterius921

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I would try safe mode this will disable all 3rd party apps if it's ok tested over few days you still be able use phone for calls then look at a 3rd party app download. Flashing the stock firmware I can help u with that if needed steps and how to save data no factory reset when doing so.
already did a factory reset from the boot screen and it did not resolve anything while it was working i saved all my files on computer so not worried about losing the files, i have no clue how to flash, today i take it to samsung repair center. fyi some symptoms before it being completely ruined was screen freezes while i used some apps and some apps constantly crashing.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that the apps crashing is related to the low RAM (only 4 GB) on this device or the low storage (only 32 GB). Rather than pay to have it repaired, since it's around 4½ years old, you may want to get a newer device with more RAM and storage.

Asterius921

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
If you already tried a Factory Reset and it's still happening, you're likely going to have to move onto more difficult steps such as downloading the firmware, Odin and reflashing it to be a fresh install.

It's possible that the apps crashing is related to the low RAM (only 4 GB) on this device or the low storage (only 32 GB). Rather than pay to have it repaired, since it's around 4½ years old, you may want to get a newer device with more RAM and storage.
the repair center i took it to said it is likely a cpu problem or a psu problem and to get either of those fixed it would cost 1/3 or 2/3 of the phone price, at the moment someone is flashing the phone for me but if that doesnt work i will just give up and likely buy a new device, possibly a galaxy A03 A04 F04 or 13/14 of those series
the A10 i have used for 3 years all my other phones died within exactly 1 year, so i will most likely go for another samsung.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear -- were you able to boot the phone into Safe Mode to test, or was that impossible due to the boot loop? A factory reset might not completely get rid of a problem app, because if you were able to set it up again and all of your previous apps were restored during the setup process, then you'd be back to square one. Safe Mode would temporarily disable all 3rd party apps, to see if that was the problem. (Or you could try another factory reset, and this time set the phone up from scratch without restoring it from a previous backup.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
already did a factory reset from the boot screen and it did not resolve anything while it was working i saved all my files on computer so not worried about losing the files, i have no clue how to flash, today i take it to samsung repair center. fyi some symptoms before it being completely ruined was screen freezes while i used some apps and some apps constantly crashing.
Hi
I wanted you to try safe mode not factory reset , I can help with flashing but see you sent in to Samsung

Asterius921

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Just to be clear -- were you able to boot the phone into Safe Mode to test, or was that impossible due to the boot loop? A factory reset might not completely get rid of a problem app, because if you were able to set it up again and all of your previous apps were restored during the setup process, then you'd be back to square one. Safe Mode would temporarily disable all 3rd party apps, to see if that was the problem. (Or you could try another factory reset, and this time set the phone up from scratch without restoring it from a previous backup.)
it was from safe mode i believe anyway it is working for the moment but the reboots still happen just less frequently i will be getting a new device in a few days