Basically, isn't Google Drive the Android equivalent for MS Files and Folders?

A

AC Question

I am used to writing a file the adding it to a folder with other files.
It is straight forward in Windows.
I find Google Drive the only place I can do so in my phone but it is so sensitive and non user friendly.
I have tried suites but they do not seem to be suite for phones.

So basically, isn't Google Drive the Android equivalent for MS Files and Folders?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google Drive is cloud storage. It syncs your documents immediately, assuming you've actually uploaded or shared that document to Google Drive to begin with. If the document you're working on is a Google Doc or Sheet, then it automatically gets saved to your Google Drive. But if the document you're working on is not from one of Google Drive's integrated apps, then you have to share it or upload it to Google Drive.

I'm not sure what you mean by MS Files and Folders -- if you're talking about local storage on a Windows computer that you access by Windows Explorer, the main disadvantage is that your local storage is prone to data loss, while data in the cloud is pretty reliably safe from data loss. Microsoft's OneDrive is more like Google Drive, but I've heard that it's clunkier to use than Google Drive. But if you're more fully invested in Microsoft's ecosystem, then it might be a better choice for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2