Question Remote control android file system using Win10 / PC

ezandro

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Android user interface is a pain to use when it comes to managing files. Windows by MS is so much better.
I should like to manage files remotely on Android, using PC files manager of my choice, or a multi-window version for the job at hand.
The connection may go through WiFi or Bluetooth. I am trying to avoid the unreliability of the various corroding USB connectors with loose contacts.
I need software to connect the 2 devices.
After connecting
1) display on PC several folders of Android. Mark files shown on PC. Copy / Cut marked files and move them to a different Android folder, controlled on PC.
2) create folders on Android using PC, give meaningful name.
3) change name of Android folder using PC
4) Create new path and folder on Android using PC.
5) Move folders with content within Android.
6) ascertain Photo Albums in Android are listed a-z or z-a. Choice list by album creation date, less important. Avoid _automatic_ folder selection by content.
7) enable decision to list only albums on phone memory, on SD-card, or both. When both, indicate which one is displayed.

Is this too much for modern software?
Thanks for help.

ezandro

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I tend to stick with free programs from communities, AirDroid wants $$. Meanwhile I went a different path. Using SendAnywhere I transfer the wanted folders to PC. There I use Q-Dir file lister and move the files into the desired order. Then I delete the files on phone and move the newly ordered folder with subfolders to the phone. I have not tried the Remote version, as the method mentioned is pretty comfortable.

Reactions: winmod21

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter