Why Is my phone overheating when I'm not even using it?

A

AC Question

Hiya! So, I own a Samsung Galaxy J7 and I've had it since Christmas time and I love it! it works wonderfully! Except, I have one small problem: Ever since Saturday of last week the phone tends to get really hot even when I am not using it. I don't mean a little warm either. It gets incredibly hot, I checked the temperature of it and it got to 99 degrees Fahrenheit one time and continues to do so! I've tried a few things. I left the phone off all day, took out the battery and let them both rest which cooled them down, but once I rebooted they started to get incredibly hot again! Usually If I leave the phone completely powered off it cools down to normal temperature, but once It's powered on and left alone for maybe 10 minutes or so it starts to get increasingly hot quickly when I don't even interact with it. Is there something wrong with the phone itself? I've cleared the cache partition, the phone battery itself says it's even good. ( I was using an app to check) And I'm curious as to what's happening with my device If it isn't too much to ask.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You may have a software bug there. If you're not connected and downloading data... Turn off all radios (mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS) and see if it still gets hot. If yes, look in setting to see if anything is using RAM. You may have a rogue app playing up.
Boot up in safe mode and see if it still does it. If no, it's an app, if yes, you have a problem a service tech should fix...

Aithen

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
So. Uh Hi. Original poster here. After I booted it in safe mode and left it alone for a while it went back to normal and it wasn't overheating like that anymore. But today it started once again with the overheating for no reason. Should I indeed take it to get checked? It went a good week without doing that and I hate that it's doing it again after taking such care of it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo