How do I restore messages and their attachments all together on Android 7.1.1? (iPhone to Pixel)

A

AC Question

Hi,

So I've got a new Pixel phone and trying to transfer all the text messages to the new phone. What I've tried so far:

1. Export the data using the 'iBackupBot' and restore the sms.db file using 'SMS Backup & Restore'.

All the text messages were successfully restored on the new phone, however, the attachments are not visible in the body of SMSs and it is showing icons saying 'obj' as in object where the images should be. Also, there are messages in the text as below:

- [Some attachments couldn't be copied over. Attachments that were transferred can be found in Google Photos > Device folders > Message attachments] (then text message)
- [Your message attachments are in Google Photos > Device folders > Message attachments]

2. Find the text messaging backup file on the computer and restore on Android with 'iSMS2droid' (ting.com/blog/you-asked-transferring-texts-from-iphone-to-android/)

Same result; restores all the text messages, but no images.

- [Attachment: null] (text)
- [Your message attachments are in Google Photos > Device folders > Message attachments]

Has anyone experienced the same thing and/or have a solution for this?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress