How to delete garbage from my internal memory lg vista vs880 kitkat 4.4.2

A

AC Question

I keep running out of storage. I get insufficient memory notice on everything I do. In settings my storage is all green and it says I have 86,476 gb used. I have unloaded all unnecessary apps, pictures GO to google photo and I don't do music. Everything else is on my google drive or in degoo cloud. My phone is really slow. It says I have 186 system apps. I have cleaned all the cashe I know how to. I need to upload something off internal memory. I have a 32 gb external card but I had to unmount it because cleaning was removing all the stuff I was saving on it. No apps are able to be moved to it. I run only on WiFi, no data,no phone service, just email and internet. I also tried rooting. Didn't make any difference plus I not very tech savvy. I really don't want to factory reset because I'm not sure if I have everything backed up or not. I also need updates for the phone systems and android update, LG updates, etc. I do not have a computer or access to one. This phone is my computer. I would appreciate any advice or help at all. Thank you. Penny

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, how much storage is in use? 86,476 GB is an astronomical number. The Vista comes with 8 GB of internal storage, of which probably 4.5 GB is used by the OS and any bloatware apps. Like with any budget phone that comes with a small amount of internal storage, you're pretty limited as to how much you can install, especially if the phone doesn't support the Move to SD feature for apps (which only moves a portion of an app, not the whole thing).

As a general rule, it's always best to get a phone with as much internal storage you can afford, if installing more than a few basic apps is important to you. 16 GB should be the absolute bare minimum these days.

See this guide for tips on how to maximize your internal storage that you have: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html

Maggy May

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I know, I can't figure that one out about the app gbs. I have uninstalled all bloatware that I know of, but there's a lot of little green guys and I don't know what they do. Like I said I have a 32gb sd card but I can't move anything from the internal storage or internal ad to it. I already have the kit Kat sd fix installed and still no difference. When I go into app manager, and I check running apps cached, I start turning them off and they say they are old programs that don't need stopping in case needed again. They take up a lot of mgb. I don't know how to get rid of the old stuff. When I go into my systems file these apps are dated back to the 1970s. I can't delete them there or change the date. But I think they are the culprits of the massive app storage #. Is there any way I can remove them? Also like I said I'm on WiFi only no service data connected, it takes forever to download or upload anything even my mail. How can I speed up my WiFi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Penny

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really sounds like you need to do a factory reset, despite your wish to avoid it. Try to backup as much of your important data as possible first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa