Unlocking Sprint S7

A

AC Question

I have an S7 on Sprint. Got it in November of last year. Grew very tired very quickly of Sprints goofball billing so I got a new phone and switched to another carrier. I want to sell my S7 but I would like to unlock it first. Is there any way to do this without having to jump through Sprint's hoops?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. The only way I know how is to pay off the device. Once that is done, Sprint shouldn't give you nay issues unlocking the device.

A counter point: Why not keep it locked to Sprint, and sell it as is to a current Sprint customer?

kal

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Paying it off seems like a no brainer but they want an ungodly amount of money. The simple thought of giving Sprint any more money makes me physically ill. Lol. And I was looking into unlocking it simply because I was under the impression that unlocked phones commanded more money on the resale market. I'm going to go ahead and sell it as it. I figured I'd throw this question out there and see what kind of responses I got first. Thanks for your help.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Paying it off seems like a no brainer but they want an ungodly amount of money. The simple thought of giving Sprint any more money makes me physically ill. Lol. And I was looking into unlocking it simply because I was under the impression that unlocked phones commanded more money on the resale market. I'm going to go ahead and sell it as it. I figured I'd throw this question out there and see what kind of responses I got first. Thanks for your help.

I don't believe Sprint will unlock the phone unless it's paid off. Also, if you left Sprint and still owe them money for the phone, the phone's IMEI may be blacklisted, meaning that no one will be able to activate it at all, on any network.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
See this page for info on getting Sprint to unlock a device: https://www.sprint.com/en/legal/legal-regulatory-and-consumer-resources?ECID=vanity:legal

This is the only answer you'll get from here as it's the legal way to do it.

Note that your installment payment MUST be paid off before it can be unlocked.

Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez