Gmail App deletes my saved drafts

A

AC Question

Every time I back out of an email I am composing or save it as a draft, a message pops up on the bottom of the screen stating "Message saved as draft." However, when I go to retrieve said email from the Drafts folder one of two things happen:

1) The draft is there and will disappear from the folder just as I am about to edit or send it.
2) It simply isn't there and a search of all my folders yields zero results. It is as if I never composed the email to begin with.

I have already deleted my Google account, disabled Gmail, and then reinstalled the app with all updates.

Other pertinent details: I use my Yahoo! account to send/receive emails through the Gmail app. I only have a Gmail account so I can properly use Android and don't use the email function at all. I have an unrooted and unlocked (non-carrier branded) Moto Z on AT&T.

Any advice other than to factory reset? Because I'm definitely not doing that over a stupid glitch. I'll give up email on my phone entirely before I slog through setting up my phone the way I like it yet again.