text message "draft" wont go away >:T

username required

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
hello,

i have a galaxy note 8, android update 9. for several years now, i have had a message in a group text read that there is a "draft" saved, and i cannot get it to go away.

i have cleared my cache, ensured to "select all" and delete in the entry field, but there's nothing present there - its completely empty. ive rebooted my phone a few times, and searched for a draft folder, but found none.

i really do not want to clear my data, i know i can sync with google but i dont want google have my info. does anyone know how to get rid of this draft situation? thanks in advance!

Reactions: USER456

USER456

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
hello,

i have a galaxy note 8, android update 9. for several years now, i have had a message in a group text read that there is a "draft" saved, and i cannot get it to go away.

i have cleared my cache, ensured to "select all" and delete in the entry field, but there's nothing present there - its completely empty. ive rebooted my phone a few times, and searched for a draft folder, but found none.

i really do not want to clear my data, i know i can sync with google but i dont want google have my info. does anyone know how to get rid of this draft situation? thanks in advance!
I am having the same issue but with an S9.

My concern is that I that I recently purchased the S24 however when we attempted to transfer all my data from the S9 via Smart Switch - any messages "in draft" cannot be transferred!

I don't want to lose years of messages (which I constantly search through!) because they appear to be stuck in draft, even though they are not. I've been ignoring the "draft" notification for years bcs I thought it was a non-issue - who cares, right? My messages were being sent/received. But now I feel this is a much bigger problem as I cannot transfer my messages over to the new phone.

Also idk if this is relevant, but "draft" only appears in group chat messages on my S9. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - I feel like I've tried it all!