Universal Switch keeps trying to turn on. (Samsung S6)

Guest218923

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I activated Universal Switch once because I wanted to try it out but I soon found out it disabled my screen and it was unresponsive to my touch and I was unable to do anything. So I waited for the battery to drain hoping it would be able to disable itself. It didn't. After fiddling with it for a while, I found a way to turn it off using a mouse and turning it off in the settings but after a while, it turned itself back on. So I repeated the step with the mouse and furthermore I disabled the switches so it no longer turned on automatically. However I found that didn't solve the problem as now it would pop up "To enable Universal Switch, tap settings and add at least switch." every few seconds. I can't figure out a way to fix this. Please send help.

(Also the pop-ups pile on each other. If I leave it for a while, I have to click cancel multiple times as they seem to stack on top of each other.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-19-00-24-45-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-19-00-24-45-1.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Guest218923

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I can't block it from notifications because it is not a seperate app. It's part of the accessibility options from settings and even then there seems to be no way of blocking it from popping up.

Akshay Sudheer

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I activated Universal Switch once because I wanted to try it out but I soon found out it disabled my screen and it was unresponsive to my touch and I was unable to do anything. So I waited for the battery to drain hoping it would be able to disable itself. It didn't. After fiddling with it for a while, I found a way to turn it off using a mouse and turning it off in the settings but after a while, it turned itself back on. So I repeated the step with the mouse and furthermore I disabled the switches so it no longer turned on automatically. However I found that didn't solve the problem as now it would pop up "To enable Universal Switch, tap settings and add at least switch." every few seconds. I can't figure out a way to fix this. Please send help.

(Also the pop-ups pile on each other. If I leave it for a while, I have to click cancel multiple times as they seem to stack on top of each other.)

Hi bro.. i also gone through your same situation... and i got it cleared ryt now... so .. go to the settings open dextirity - then open unversal switch - then you will find settings button on top right corner .. click on it and delete all the switches... hope you problem get solved..

Last edited by a moderator:

Motaz Jarrah

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
Hey man, I'm not sure if you resolved your issue or not, I mean it's been over 2 years now, but here's how I fixed it.

Go to Settings ->Accessibility -> Direct Access: Switch off direct access on Universal Switch or all switches if necessary.

This solution is based on Android v8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez