Question Trying to get iphone data into Moto with Android 9

woodslanding

Dec 27, 2023
Visit site
I didn't see any option to plug the two together in the startup. Is that post android9? Also, I can't figure out how to get back to the startup menu to check.... once you've started up the phone and signed into your account, is there any way to get back there?

I've tried a half-dozen methods, including google one, switch to android, and google sync. Haven't got anything to work yet. The iphone is old too.

Switch to Android iOS seems to require being installed on the android device as well, but I cant find it in the play store. The first step suggests a QR code will pop up on the android, but of course it doesn't.
Google 1 iOS doesn't have the hamburger menu shown in all the how-tos. It just seems to be a page of faqs.
I tried syncing contacts through the google account, but none of the contacts in the iphone went over to the google account.

This is my daughter's iphone, and she hasn't been using her google account with it, so that might be part of the problem. And it's a very old iphone. But it would sure help to get her contacts. They are not on the SIM, btw. So I guess they are only in iOS.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions????

THANKS!!!!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since it's a really old iPhone, that's probably one of the main reasons it won't work smoothly with the transfer. To transfer the contacts, you could always go to her iCloud account on the web, export the contacts to a vCard file, and then import that vCard to your Google Contacts.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you're being just too literal about the guides you've been reading. Every version release for both Android and iOS involve a lot of user interface changes so strictly following the instructions on about an Android ver. 12 exchange with an iOS ver. 16 will be different than with Android 9 with iOS 14 (or whatever since you won't state the iPhone model/OS version).
Try reading through this guide, but be a lot more flexible in accordance to the phones you're working with. There will be different icons in different locations or sub-menus so you just need to adjust the directions you're reading to correlate with the two dated phones you're working with.