Why can't I use Android Pay?

A

AC Question

I set up Android pay with my bank, they told me it should work and all I had to do was unlock the phone and hold it to the payment terminal.
But it never works. I hold the phone to it and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot from the app
m.imgur. com /f8uJgg2

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you actually turned on NFC? Go into Settings, tap More under the Wireless & Networks heading and make sure the NFC switch is on.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

treeroy9

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you actually turned on NFC? Go into Settings, tap More under the Wireless & Networks heading and make sure the NFC switch is on.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
Hi, yes that is turned on and Android Pay is set to the default tap-to-pay. I can't see what I'm doing wrong, I thought possibly my NFC chip could be broken? Because I use it the same way I see others use it and nothing happens.
But the phone is only a few months old, so wouldn't have thought that would be broken.