Samsung pay or Google pay

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Putting my sim back in my fold 5 I realize that I never really used contactless payments on android. I use it all the time with apple pay on my watch and phone. I wanna really lean heavy into the Samsung eco system and use their services. My only concern is Samsung pay isn't accepted in a lot of places. I never see icons for it anywhere. Trying to find a list of places that support it is really hard apparently lol.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Anywhere that supports Apple Pay, Google pay or just standard contactless with a card (the US may not have that for a decade or so though with how financial services crawl through treacle there) will support Samsung Pay. That's just how contactless paymen with NFC works.

My bank doesn't support Samsung Pay though, so that makes the decision for me.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Anywhere that supports Apple Pay, Google pay or just standard contactless with a card (the US may not have that for a decade or so though with how financial services crawl through treacle there) will support Samsung Pay. That's just how contactless paymen with NFC works.

My bank doesn't support Samsung Pay though, so that makes the decision for me.
Indeed. I have 3 accounts/cards that I cannot load onto Samsung Pay......GPay it is 👍🏻

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
A lot of the CC banks had "brand usage" which caused problems for specific CC's working on S Pay in the beginning days; looking at you you Apple and Barclay!
Now that most of those CC branding "agreements" have expired, S Pay has much more PoS usage.
I really have only used Samsung's wallet since the beginning, watching all the other digital wallets go through their growing pains and jump through banking hoops.
Good luck and Happy new year!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Putting my sim back in my fold 5 I realize that I never really used contactless payments on android. I use it all the time with apple pay on my watch and phone. I wanna really lean heavy into the Samsung eco system and use their services. My only concern is Samsung pay isn't accepted in a lot of places. I never see icons for it anywhere. Trying to find a list of places that support it is really hard apparently lol.
I use Samsung Pay everywhere, and some area they don't even accepting apple pay. You shouldn't be too concerns about that area.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
That's not how Google Pay works. you just unlock your phone and then touch it to the reader while it's on the home screen.
I feel Samsung pay is a secure way of paying. Whether locked or unlocked, user has to authenticate to pay. Also gives the option to use the card they choose before pay if you don't want to use your default card.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I feel Samsung pay is a secure way of paying. Whether locked or unlocked, user has to authenticate to pay. Also gives the option to use the card they choose before pay if you don't want to use your default card.
The option to pick a card just sold me 100% more lol. I really like that about apple pay. I can choose what card I want and having to authenticate it each time is worth it. Just waiting for my watch six to show up, tried to use it without a watch but I hate notification sounds and having to pay that much attention to my phone. Back to iphone/apple watch until the watch six shows up this week.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
The option to pick a card just sold me 100% more lol. I really like that about apple pay. I can choose what card I want and having to authenticate it each time is worth it. Just waiting for my watch six to show up, tried to use it without a watch but I hate notification sounds and having to pay that much attention to my phone. Back to iphone/apple watch until the watch six shows up this week.
I pick a card every time with GPay 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: rvbfan

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Because of the android ecosystem, I only ever use google pay!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000