How can I stop the icon for the tubemate app appearing on the home screen

A

AC Question

Hi, the icon for the tubemate app keeps appearing on the home screen. I have never installed it and each time I delete the icon it reappears. The app obviously isn't installed as I cannot find it to delete it in settings. Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the icon for the tubemate app keeps appearing on the home screen. I have never installed it and each time I delete the icon it reappears. The app obviously isn't installed as I cannot find it to delete it in settings. Thanks

Simply deleting an Icon from your home screen will no uninstall an APP. And yes, if the icon is appearing again and again, then yes, it's installed.

Go to 'Settings', then choose 'Application Manager' (* The screen can be different for your device.)
Choose TubeMate to uninstall.
Click “Uninstall”.

Panicatthedays xox

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I never installed it. It keeps reappearing on my phone every time I delete it it reappears. It's not in my installed apps. Or in my application manager. I don't understand. I think I'm getting hacked. Help me please. I'm scared. It also keeps making apps pop up.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
TubeMate has many versions that have been re-coded with malware. I had it in my early days on android, and as a hacker, I didn't trust the legitamate release. There was some suspicous code in that app. If you cannot uninstall it, and a device reboot doesn't remove the shortcut your best (and safest) bet is to factory-reset your device. Hope this helps any one plagued by this...

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I did not download any game or any app in last few days. How do you do reboot or factory reset. Do you loose all the games, apps, music and everything else.
Robooting a device is done by fully powering off the device, and starting it again, or by using the "poweroff and reset" function which does this automatically. Depending on your particular device may vary how you do a factiry reset, search the web for your devices method. For some of mine, it was holding down the power button and volume up buttons simultaneously. Some devices require the home button to be pressed during this process as well. You will lose all of your data if you do a factory reset, so back up anything important before you do. A factory reset reverts the devices firmware to the state it was before you got it.

jasegage

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I've just found out on my wife's phone it was "Swipe for Facebook" that was causing the problem. I've uninstalled it and now the icons have stopped appearing, nothing in the last hour.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem on my daughter's tablet, but this doesn't have Swipe for Facebook on it. Can I ask how you worked it out so I can try figuring it out please?

Ya I checked into it, doesn't appear to be the cause, as the reviews for that Facebook Swipe seem pretty OK.
It does have to be something that was installed recently

jasegage

May 1, 2017
Visit site
All I did was use ES task manager to look at running processes. I shut down the ones I didn't recognise one by one and waited to see if the Icon appeared. I was lucky the icon appeared as I was in the task manager and on my wife's phone it was Swipe for Facebook. I uninstalled it and the icons stopped immediately. None have come back.

She's never installed Swipe, so probably got it installing some other rubbish. Funny though, none of the Antivirus or Spyware checkers I have in her phone, picked it up.

It could have been a exploit in the android OS which has been plugged, but we probably won't find out.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
All I did was use ES task manager to look at running processes. I shut down the ones I didn't recognise one by one and waited to see if the Icon appeared. I was lucky the icon appeared as I was in the task manager and on my wife's phone it was Swipe for Facebook. I uninstalled it and the icons stopped immediately. None have come back.

She's never installed Swipe, so probably got it installing some other rubbish. Funny though, none of the Antivirus or Spyware checkers I have in her phone, picked it up.

It could have been a exploit in the android OS which has been plugged, but we probably won't find out.

Right, you already said similar above, but as you can see others are stating they don't have swipe for facebook installs.
And after checking reviews no one was complaining about, So it's something else

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress