How to clear audio output?

A

AC Question

I have a LG G4. Audio selection e.g. song keeps playing even if I shut down the app. Is there a way to reset the output channel?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which music app are you using, and how are you shutting it down? If you're only tapping the Home or Back button, most music apps will continue playing in the background, since the assumption is that you want to continue listening to the music while you're doing something else. You usually have to tap the Stop or Pause button for the music, then exit the app.

Vostradamus

May 23, 2017
Visit site
B. Dizzy thanks for your reply. I'm using the app Music which was pre-installed on the G4. I do in fact exit the app but the song continues playing. If I then start another audio ouput such as FM radio streaming or GPS, the 2 audio streams play simultaneously! Perhaps this is a bug in the Music app.

Vostradamus

May 23, 2017
Visit site
B. Diddy rereading your reply - yes if I pause then exit it works ok. But I would still like a way to remove the selection from the output channel. I think there is some other context in which it screws up my attempt to play something new.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only other way I can think of is to swipe down the notification panel, pause the music there, then swipe away the music notification.

Thanks for registering -- when you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions