If I didn't preorder from Best Buy, will there be none in store?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
So, I was going to preorder from Best Buy once I finally made my final decision. I made the decision to do it on Monday. However, the ability to place my Prime in the cart/preorder was gone! I don't know why, but I guess the preorder time slot has finished, or something went wrong with the stock like Amazon.

Anyways, once the 19th rolls around, will I be able to pick up a tablet at all? (From my local best buy) Should all Best Buys have a large stock? I live in Tucson, Arizona, and since the tablet it coming on a monday, I doubt there will be an ad for it in the sunday ads. (Will there be one?) Whether there is one or not, I doubt people will flock on monday to buy $650 worth of tablet stuff if they haven't done research, unlike many of us have been doing already.

Maybe I answered my own question already. I just wanted to make sure that even if I did not pre-order my Prime, there will still be some in Best Buy on the 19th

Rastor

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: If I didn't preorder from Best Buy, will there be none in sto

There is way more demand than supply for this thing, I don't think it will be easy to find if you didn't get a preorder in before Dec. 1st. But, retailers such as Best Buy do usually try to send a few units to stores.

Maybe if you could find out when a store is getting their shipment and show up a couple of hours before opening?

y2bandit

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Stores will have. It's a matter of how many they will get. Allocations are usually based on the amount of sales they do. The bigger the volume of sales, the more they'll get compared to other stores.

Purchasing online has nothing to do with stock at a store. Both have different inventory.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Stores will have. It's a matter of how many they will get. Allocations are usually based on the amount of sales they do. The bigger the volume of sales, the more they'll get compared to other stores.

Purchasing online has nothing to do with stock at a store. Both have different inventory.

I concur with y2bandit mostly limited supply.but bb is noted for with holding what's in the store so they can sell so many per day.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I just went into BestBuy to see if they could tell me if the Prime was on their manifest for tonight’s shipment. The manager said that in the Employee news letter that it said that chances were they wouldn't be receiving any until the beginning if January. He said there's still a chance that they might get some in on Monday but he really had no idea. I will be getting there an hour before they open just in case. My gut is telling me that I won't have one in my hands for a few weeks but I am going to try like hell to make sure I get one if at all possible.

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

everyone thought the same with the iphone 4 when it came to verizon yes i jumped on it... The pre order server got bogged down like crazy but once you went to the store they had units My gut feeling is telling me this is going be like that

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Gonna agree with Matthew - I bet there will be a few in store. As much demand as there is for the thing, it might sell out, but who knows. I don't think they'd allocate ALL of their chain's stock to online pre-order. I do know that a few people who pre-ordered at GameStop have gotten phone calls saying the release is pushed back to Friday the 23rd due to production constraints

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I am just betting on the 23 you will be able to walk in a store and get one i am pretty sure about that.. This isnt a ipad where it going be mission impossible to get one this is asus be reasonable