Anyone picked up their Flip 5 from a Best Buy or other retail store?

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
I asked for my Flip 5 to be delivered to Best Buy since we are out of the country. My daughter will pick it up. Has anyone received their phone from Best Buy or another retailer?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Picked it up yesterday at Best Buy.
So out of curiosity, did you do a trade-in with Samsung or Best Buy? I'd heard that Best Buy was accepting in store trade-ins for Samsung, instead of having to ship.... just wondering if that was true 😉

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So out of curiosity, did you do a trade-in with Samsung or Best Buy? I'd heard that Best Buy was accepting in store trade-ins for Samsung, instead of having to ship.... just wondering if that was true
I've done trade-ins before at a Best Buy but not in several years. One year they actually had a Samsung kiosk with Samsung reps and then another year I did the trade-in with a Best Buy cell phone rep.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
So out of curiosity, did you do a trade-in with Samsung or Best Buy? I'd heard that Best Buy was accepting in store trade-ins for Samsung, instead of having to ship.... just wondering if that was true 😉
I traded in the Flip 4 at the Samsung website and picked up the Flip 5 at Best Buy. In the email from Samsung stating that the phone was ready they said do not try and trade in the Flip 4 at the store. If you buy a Flip 5 from Best Buy you can trade in your flip but they were only offering $800 trade in value.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I traded in the Flip 4 at the Samsung website and picked up the Flip 5 at Best Buy. In the email from Samsung stating that the phone was ready they said do not try and trade in the Flip 4 at the store. If you buy a Flip 5 from Best Buy you can trade in your flip but they were only offering $800 trade in value.
Only $800... you guys are so spoiled! lol

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info 😉 It looks like I need to call my local Best Buy and see how they're handling trade-ins. I planned on going down to the store to "look at" the Flip 5....but you know how that goes, I'll end up "looking at it" all the way home 😆 I never leave that store without buying something 😁

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info It looks like I need to call my local Best Buy and see how they're handling trade-ins. I planned on going down to the store to "look at" the Flip 5....but you know how that goes, I'll end up "looking at it" all the way home I never leave that store without buying something
Let us know which one you get.

Reactions: J Dubbs