Any suggestions for a case or cover for the prime?

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I just received the Poetic Standbook Leather Case.
Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) StandBook Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for Asus Eee Pad Prime TF201 Black: Electronics

Pretty sure it is the same as other similar cases with different branding. I love the fact that it doesn't cover the bezel and has corner protection. It also doesn't stop me from docking my keyboard.

Of course, I added pictures of it for you guys to check out and decide for yourselves.

IMG_20120114_153608.jpg

IMG_20120114_153839.jpg

IMG_20120114_153534.jpg

IMG_20120114_155135.jpg

IMG_20120114_154708.jpg

IMG_20120114_154422.jpg

IMG_20120114_154117.jpg

IMG_20120114_154030.jpg

IMG_20120114_153937.jpg

IMG_20120114_155542.jpg

IMG_20120114_155028.jpg

IMG_20120114_154917.jpg

IMG_20120114_154844.jpg

IMG_20120114_154542.jpg

IMG_20120114_155254.jpg

i think i broke this page :)

Last edited:

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just received the Poetic Standbook Leather Case.
Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) StandBook Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable for Asus Eee Pad Prime TF201 Black: Electronics

Pretty sure it is the same as other similar cases with different branding. I love the fact that it doesn't cover the bezel and has corner protection. It also doesn't stop me from docking my keyboard.

Of course, I added pictures of it for you guys to check out and decide for yourselves.

I have had this same case for about a week now. I don't think you can find a case that adds the protection that it does along with the minimal thickness that it adds. I also love the fact that I can attach my keyboard to the tablet while it is in the case.
I had also ordered this case below not knowing that I would be able to attach my keyboard with this case:
Amazon.com: MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF201 Mobile Dock and Tablet (Black) - LCD Cleaner Included: MP3 Players & Accessories

I think I will keep both. I like the snap on feature of attaching the case.

***Even though it still says "This item will be released on February 28, 2012," I just received a shipping notification. Don't know if it is still available but if it is still considered a preorder they had this:
Save 25% each on Pre-Order Promotion for MiniSuit Asus Transformer Prime TF201
After the discount and shipping the case was 25.41

Last edited:

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same case as in the pictures - it arrived today - but it is made by Verteks - got it on amazon. Got it for $9.95 it looks great - unfortunately I Amazon says they are not currently available. It is a snug fit but works great - I had a similar case for my old Transformer. Also got my new mini HDMI cable and hooked to my flat screen TV - the picture is great and works flawlessly.

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had this same case for about a week now. I don't think you can find a case that adds the protection that it does along with the minimal thickness that it adds. I also love the fact that I can attach my keyboard to the tablet while it is in the case.
I had also ordered this case below not knowing that I would be able to attach my keyboard with this case:
Amazon.com: MiniSuit ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF201 Mobile Dock and Tablet (Black) - LCD Cleaner Included: MP3 Players & Accessories

I think I will keep both. I like the snap on feature of attaching the case.

***Even though it still says "This item will be released on February 28, 2012," I just received a shipping notification. Don't know if it is still available but if it is still considered a preorder they had this:
Save 25% each on Pre-Order Promotion for MiniSuit Asus Transformer Prime TF201
After the discount and shipping the case was 25.41

Please report back on that case. I really like the way it looks, but I'd love to see a first hand review.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this one: Amazon.com: rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Asus Eee Pad Transformer PRIME 10.1-Inch TF201 Tablet: Electronics

I have a rooCASE for my TF101 and love it. It protects everything on it when it's closed. Sturdy enough to take the occasional bump.

Likewise, I ordered the same one and it fits like a glove. I like the fact you can separate it from the case and still be able to use all the connections and camera and still be protected.

--Sent From Transformer Prime

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Please report back on that case. I really like the way it looks, but I'd love to see a first hand review.

I sent the case back. It was great for an all-in-one case but I was hoping I could also use it when I didn?t want the keyboard attached. The keyboard flap closed in-between the cover and tablet(like a tri-fold wallet). On the topside of the flap are the magnets that the cover uses to stay closed. Therefore when you don?t have the flap attached and are just using it to carry the tablet, there is no way to keep it closed. In addition, they had to make the middle(folding-edge) section larger to accommodate the extra thickness for when the keyboard was attached. So without the keyboard attached, the cover just flopped around. If you wanted this case for solely to use with the keyboard attached, then it is a great case. It?s very well made. For me though, I would only use it with the keyboard attached maybe 30 percent of the time, if that much.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Received my cover from Amazon and its a perfect fit. I like that its slim, covers the unit well and can be used with the dock.

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Premium Quality Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case with built-in Multi-Angle Stand for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1-Inch Android Tablet: Electronics

I saw that. I didn't like the look of the side/corner grips rather than something that covered all of it, but it's nice that the dock works with it.

I'm looking for something slim (no point in getting the thinnest tablet if you're going to triple it's bulk with a big-ass case) and sturdy. Some of the cases leave me with the impression that the tablet could slip out or slide a bit. Has anyone tried either of these? (Note, this is not the Moko that everyone else has)

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Ultra-Tr...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1575485

http://www.amazon.com/TF201-Transfo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1575485

I'm not sure how I like the prominent stitching on the Acase model.

Someone else mentioned a nylon case instead of a leather-like case, but I haven't seen any of those.

Last edited:

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Received my cover from Amazon and its a perfect fit. I like that its slim, covers the unit well and can be used with the dock.

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Premium Quality Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case with built-in Multi-Angle Stand for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1-Inch Android Tablet: Electronics

Can you confirm this case works well with the dock attached? That is what I am most interested in is a thin case like this that will work well with and without the keyboard attached. Would it be possible for you to attached some pics with the dock attached? I have one like this for my Kindle fire and love it. Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my parents this case for their iPad and it's by far the best quality folio type case I've seen -much better than the Moko, Verteks, Poetic, Blurex, etc. It has a very classy carbon fiber look and a cool hand strap as shown in the video. It also feels a little slimmer than the Poetic case I have for the Prime.

Marware CEO Hybrid iPad 2 Case - YouTube

If you'd be interested in this case, please post in the Facebook thread posted below. If there's a big enough response, they've said they would make one for the Prime.

https://www.facebook.com/marware/posts/10150415346661829

Marware: I've been told we need a lot more requests :p Keep em comin' gang!
Yesterday at 1:55pm

me: How many more requests are we talking here?
17 hours ago

Marware: A lot. We have 18 now.
10 hours ago

FYI, they make them in different colors and a different type of finish too.

Carbon Fiber, Black, Brown, Red and Pink

I prefer the carbon fiber look but it's nice to have a variety.

Marware.jpg

marwarered.jpg

marwarebrown.jpg

marwarecarbon.jpg

marwarehandstrap.jpg

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a Caseen case which came with a free stylus. It's really nice and it also has the handstrap on the back which comes in handy. I Love It!

mikenzinbfe

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
i picked up two, the "minisuit" asus transformer prime leather case that holds both
the tablet and dock at amazon as well as the
"moko folding case" cover for the asus ee, fits the tprime just fine but is for the tablet only. the minisuit is really nice cost $39 free shipping, the moko is a good basic cover looks good and that one was $11. if i could only have one though i wouldn't hesitate to get the minisuit case it makes all the other cases i've seen so far look really cheap even the ones made for the ipad don't look nearly as good imho.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my parents this case for their iPad and it's by far the best quality folio type case I've seen -much better than the Moko, Verteks, Poetic, Blurex, etc. It has a very classy carbon fiber look and a cool hand strap as shown in the video. It also feels a little slimmer than the Poetic case I have for the Prime.

Marware CEO Hybrid iPad 2 Case - YouTube

If you'd be interested in this case, please post in the Facebook thread posted below. If there's a big enough response, they've said they would make one for the Prime.

https://www.facebook.com/marware/posts/10150415346661829

FYI, they make them in different colors and a different type of finish too.

Carbon Fiber, Black, Brown, Red and Pink

I prefer the carbon fiber look but it's nice to have a variety.

Click to view quoted image

The thing I don't like about this case as well as the one I bought from Amazon that I've seen people advertise here: Amazon.com: BLUREX Leather Slim folio Case With Multi-Angle Stand for ASUS Transformer Prime TF201: MP3 Players & Accessories is that you have to take the bottom part of the tablet out of the case to get it to stand up. I will say that I am still using the one from Amazon, but I'm not in love with it. Now the person that posted this link: http://www.amazon.com/TF201-Transfo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1603634, I kinda of like that case. I'd be interested to see how well it works for you...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw that. I didn't like the look of the side/corner grips rather than something that covered all of it, but it's nice that the dock works with it.

I'm looking for something slim (no point in getting the thinnest tablet if you're going to triple it's bulk with a big-ass case) and sturdy. Some of the cases leave me with the impression that the tablet could slip out or slide a bit. Has anyone tried either of these? (Note, this is not the Moko that everyone else has)

Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) Ultra Slim Case for Asus Eee Pad Transformer PRIME 10.1-Inch TF201 Tablet, BLACK: Electronics

Amazon.com: ASUS TF201 Eee Pad Transformer Prime 10.1-Inch 32GB / 64GB Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand by Acase(TM), Black: Electronics

I'm not sure how I like the prominent stitching on the Acase model.

Someone else mentioned a nylon case instead of a leather-like case, but I haven't seen any of those.

I'd really be interested in the second case you have listed. Did you get one of them?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd really be interested in the second case you have listed. Did you get one of them?

Nope, I got the Moko and think it's great. Just keep in mind that there's the "Moko Slim" and then the "Moko Ultra Slim", and I go the "Ultra Slim" variety. No point in getting the thinnest planet out there if I'm going to buy a thick case for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty