Latest update BRICKED my prime!

braddley5

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would highly recommend against upgrading the latest firmware. Everything appeared to be updating successfully until the reboot. After the device rebooted, the lower right notification area mentioned that there was another firmware upgrade available. I clicked on it and BAM, the prime froze. I tried shutting it down by holding the power button. The notification window popped up asking if I wanted to shut down, but I was unable to tab on anything on the screen. The only way out was to hit the reset button. Once I did that the device seemed to be resyarting, but then it totally bricked. Now the screen shows 3 gears with an exclamation point in the middle. I contacted Asus support and they said they are aware of the issue, and will call me back within 24 hours with additional info. This tells me that I'm not the only one. Anyone else have this problem or an idea how to fix?

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the issue. I got the update without any issues. The only thing I can recall doing different than what you described, is that when I restarted after the first update, I actually had to go do something and came back after it restarted (about 15 mins).

After playing around with the tablet for a few, I noticed another update and click it like before without issues. Maybe you tried to update, before the tablet completely restarted from the first update? I really have no idea, just throwing it out there.

-Peter

Scumbag Inc.

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya. I have held off updating because of this issue. It is uncommon but it is happening.
Let the tablet run down completely to the point that it powers off. Then plug it in, let it charge to the point where it will come back on. It should then "complete" the installation.

braddley5

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ya. I have held off updating because of this issue. It is uncommon but it is happening.
Let the tablet run down completely to the point that it powers off. Then plug it in, let it charge to the point where it will come back on. It should then "complete" the installation.
Umph, I had 80% battery when I tried doing the update. It could take days for it to die...the screen only stays lit for 30 sec and then goes dim. Anyway to run it down faster?

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know where the firmware update downloads to? I searched everywhere and cant find it. I just want to delete the thing So it stops asking me to update. I don't want this thing getting bricked. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38