Splashtop HD on the Transformer Prime

D4RkNIKON

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Splashtop HD on the Prime yet? It is on sale right now for $6.99 I think in the android market and it is absolutely amazing.

I have Logmein Ignition but it doesn't even compare when it comes to smoothness and even usability. I am a photographer and I just used Splashtop to load up my desktop computer that I am away from and was able to fully use Photoshop to design an album for a wedding couple right from my Transformer Prime. It was a thing of beauty. They keyboard dock lets you use photoshop keyboard shortcuts and everything. I can't even begin to describe how awesome that is!

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this the 'THD' version? I thought I saw on one of the gadget blogs that they were demoing the THD version and playing some game (located on their PC) in full motion on their prime. Looked pretty nice.

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have it and love it but there is an issue when trying to utilize any browser other than chrome on the windows PC you are accessing and try typing in the browser utlizing the on screen keyboard - it disconnects - understand this only happens if you away and accessing from outside your home network. Splashtop support is working on a fix for it from what I udnerstand - we have been corresponding back and forth trying differrent things. It works fine when docked and using the dock keyboard.

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
That's awesome I'm also a photographer I already have Splashtop HD. Now I just need to find a Prime in stock somewhere!

D4RkNIKON

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Is this the 'THD' version? I thought I saw on one of the gadget blogs that they were demoing the THD version and playing some game (located on their PC) in full motion on their prime. Looked pretty nice.

No this one is just the HD version. The THD version is optimized for gaming and the Tegra 3 chip. It is not out yet but the Splashtop HD version that is in the market is well worth the $6.99 they are asking. I payed $30 for a practically unusable Logmein app. It is seriously night and day.

btbrewer

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use TeamViewer. It seems to be pretty good. Haven't tried Splashtop so I can't compare, but the basic functionality is fantastic. To access and operate a remote PC with such ease is really nice.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My Prime hasn't arrived yet (hopefully Saturday or Monday), but I thought from the ASUS page I read that the Prime had pre-installed software to allow you to access your PC already. Is that not true?

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My Prime hasn't arrived yet (hopefully Saturday or Monday), but I thought from the ASUS page I read that the Prime had pre-installed software to allow you to access your PC already. Is that not true?

I looked at the specs/features page again to verify. It says you can use ASUS MyCloud to remotely access and control PC or Mac systems. Has anyone tried this?

JasonKrewson

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
You can even use it to play high end games, I ran around on Star Wars the old Republic and Battlefield 3. Issues I ran into where my Asus Keyboard wouldn't work for movement, The Mouse I Plugged in wouldn't work at all (even though they say you can use both of those and xbox 360 controller and PS3 controller) so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You can even use it to play high end games, I ran around on Star Wars the old Republic and Battlefield 3.

Was that using MyCloud or Splashtop HD? I'm about to go travelling for a bit and would LOVE to be able to play a couple of games remotely on my Prime while I'm on the other side of continent from my desktop.

Thexderr

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the HD version for about a month now and it is amazing. I can do everything as if I was sitting at my desk at home with no slow down. I have never experienced any issues with the browser at all and I use IE and Mozilla at home. I have streamed videos and even downloaded from a p2p site while seeding, no slow down. It was the best 6 bucks I ever spent!

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used this remotely, as in, not from within your home network? Obviously performance should be good if your PC and tablet are on the same network, but if you're coming across the internet to connect to your PC at home in New York from a hotel in Seattle, does that work well? Are games still playable?

In my mind, there's no point in being able to "remote" into your PC if you're just in the next room. If you want to do something that the Prime can't then you can just walk the 20 feet and have a much more robust media experience running it directly on your PC. But if it works WELL across the average cable/DSL link so that you can truly work/play remotely, then that's potentially a game-changer.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, I decided to bite and got THD for my prime tonight. I'm incredibly impressed with it so far, at least over the local LAN/wifi network. I was able to get 3D games working VERY well with it so long as I switched to Windowed mode (I have an ATI video card in my desktop). I'm going to take the Prime down to the local coffee shop tomorrow to see how it works from their wifi connection. If so...holy cow!

th3gnslngr

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used this remotely, as in, not from within your home network? Obviously performance should be good if your PC and tablet are on the same network, but if you're coming across the internet to connect to your PC at home in New York from a hotel in Seattle, does that work well? Are games still playable?

In my mind, there's no point in being able to "remote" into your PC if you're just in the next room. If you want to do something that the Prime can't then you can just walk the 20 feet and have a much more robust media experience running it directly on your PC. But if it works WELL across the average cable/DSL link so that you can truly work/play remotely, then that's potentially a game-changer.

Yes, it works fine on separate networks. I used it in another country and was able to do my work with little to no lag. Didn't try any games.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, I decided to bite and got THD for my prime tonight. I'm incredibly impressed with it so far, at least over the local LAN/wifi network. I was able to get 3D games working VERY well with it so long as I switched to Windowed mode (I have an ATI video card in my desktop). I'm going to take the Prime down to the local coffee shop tomorrow to see how it works from their wifi connection. If so...holy cow!

Curious what your findings were. I have not had any success connecting while outside of my home network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capcut pro apk download