TP slower and language since ICS

tjsongman

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Disappointed and curious... Since the recent update to ICS, my Prime has been NOTICIBLY slower to respond to commands and screen touch input. Haven't had any reboot issues, but LOTS of Program Not Responding issues. How many others experiencing this?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My unit came to me with ICS pre-installed (was an open-box "demo" unit supposedly just opened to show a customer, but likely FutureShop's typical BS) so I can't verify difference between HoneyComb and ICS, but I definitely get apps randomly crashing/freezing/rebooting the Prime.

I think of all things, I mostly get the "Not Responding" issue in the stock browser. As for lag in touch input or commands: I have found that typing with the on-screen keyboard will often miss or double-type keys I've touched, either with the (horrible) stock keyboard or with the Thumbs keyboard I now use. The keyboard dock works considerably better, and if anything there it's just the slightly odd size of the keyboard that screws me up a bit from time to time. (Have the multilingual one, wish I'd gotten the plain US keyboard as the offset keys mess me up a lot.)

theduke

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea im having the same problem.....apps freezing and my browser is lagging and hanging. And the WIFI is real bad. I cant leave out the room with the router. But i still think its a great system, just need to get this fixed soon.

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My Prime is solid as a rock. That was not the case for the first week+ that I had it, (December 22). Many of the hanging issues and reboot issues can be solved with a hard reset using the reset hole below the SD Card slot but a ton of the problems can be traced directly to apps that have not yet been optimized for ICS.

On my Prime, uninstalling Google+ and the Google maps update made all the difference but those may not be the problem apps on some systems. Definitely look at your widgets and wallpaper as suspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non