May update (VZW locked) May have fixed lag issues

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had terrible lag with the phone (Snapdragon) I guess similar to what many were experiencing with Exynos since day 1: keyboard pops up but doesn't accept any input for a good second, camera shutter lag as well as transitioning from portrait to landscape, and various other situations where taps don't register such as quickly switching between apps.

I'm a little because I didn't have automatic updates on and didn't see the update was available until after the weekend. The only reason I bought this phone was because VZW offerent $1000 for the trade of my unlocked S21 Ultra that I got for $800.

This is my second unit as I exchanged the first because of the issues but the replacement was the same. But since most people had no issues I decided to wait it out for a couple updates as I was sure it was software and therefore fixable.

Only a day in but I feel much better with this phone now. I am curious as to why only a small number of users experienced the lag issue though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Glad to hear that , sometimes it can be apps need updates so make sure they all up to date and clean cache in recovery once in awhile

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
There's and article about smart switch data backup was causing stutter and lag issue for people after putting there data backup, so not sure if you did that, i personally don't have any lag issues at all since pre-order day, since i didn't restore my data backup with smart switch i decided to do everything manually, So maybe that's why you had the lag issue, assuming you restore your data with smart switch.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The first phone I used Smartswitch as I had done with the previous probably 7 or 8 phones. Did a factory reset and just logged into my Google account to reinstall apps traditionally, same behavior.

Second phone I did a 100% manual setup: installed apps manually skipping ones I barely used or hadn't used in years but were still in my account, transferred photos and files manually, and input settings manually rather than having it pull from backed up data. The same issues persisted so I can't say whether Smartswitch is a culprit as I ran into problems with either method. But I do believe there were additional issues with the first phone after using SS that I hadn't seen on the second. The phone would enter a state where all calls failed and the only way to restore functionality was to reboot so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred