Any suggestion on how to prepare for sending tablet in for work?

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Just got my RMA number to send my tablet in for repair. Is there any tips you have for packing or deleting personal data?

I have the original packaging. Should I use this?

I am also planning on taking picture because of some of the horror stories I read right after the release of the tf201.

Any other suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any suggestion on how to prepare for sending tablet in for wo

Just got my RMA number to send my tablet in for repair. Is there any tips you have for packing or deleting personal data?

I have the original packaging. Should I use this?

I am also planning on taking picture because of some of the horror stories I read right after the release of the tf201.

Any other suggestions?

I used the original box... packaged just like it came from the store, and when I went to Fedex paid for another larger box and had the guy stuff it pretty good. It went well.

I saved my downloaded files to microSD, and did a data wipe instead of factory reset.

(To do a data wipe: 1. Make sure prime is undocked and unplugged.
2. Power unit down.
3. Hold down Volume, and while holding down Volume down hold down
the power button and continue to hold both down until you see some
some words at the top of the screen
4. Press Volume Down to select Data Wipe then Volume Up to start (If
you select Android the tablet will boot up normally)

Btw, they should have emailed you a free Fedex shipping label. You are supposed to get one. And be prepared to not see your tablet for a while... :'( . I had to send mine in twice for it not being able to read from external usb and sd cards (Although the microsd worked fine.). The first time took 4 weeks, and they replaced the camera :mad: instead of fixing what I sent it in for ( I still love you Asus but come on.). So I had to send it back. The second time took about 2 weeks. My tablet came back looking brand new each time.

I sent it to the Grapevine, TX center.

I hope this helps and everything works out for you.

Last edited:

pagehite

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I got two medium flat rate priority mail boxes. Cut one up and wrapped it around the the TP. Placed it in the second box surrounded by crushed newspaper.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Odd, I was going to send it in the original box. But the directions said not to because they cannot promise they will send it back. I just wrapped mine six times in large bubble wrap and found a box it fit tight in.

And I asked them for a free shipping label and they said they didn't do that.

Hope mine doesn't take as long as 4 weeks

pagehite

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Sent mine in on a Friday via priority mail. They received it on Monday, sent it out on Wednesday and I had it back the following Monday, no charge. I can;t complain at all. Major props to the ASUS Service Center.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

They should have provided you with a free shipping label, as long as it was a warranty issue. If you damaged your Prime, they might not do that.

Your packaging seems fine, and, you should not use the original box, as, like you said, they can't guarantee it's safe return. I put a handful of scrap paper I keep in a pile at work on the screen to protect it, then surrounded it in crumpled up scrap paper. Worked just fine.

As for Asus' tech support. I was on the phone with them three times and they were polite, courteous and helpful. I work in IT, so, I had done a lot of troubleshooting myself, and, they believed me. Had me do one more test that I didn't think of, and, they RMA'd it, no questions asked.

It took a little bit longer than I had hoped to get my Prime back, but, it didn't take that long, maybe 10 days (although it felt like an eternity :p). But, they did a good job and my Prime is running great. They ended up having to replace the mobo.

But, I hope that was a fluke and I don't have anymore issues. So far I'm very happy with my Prime, and, very happy with Asus. Have had very good luck with their PC mobos in the past.