ICS update = lower speaker volume?

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experience quieter speaker volume after the ICS update? It could have been the movie I just rented but Im really not sure.

-Kesnik

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed the volume being any lower. Though, the TF101s have never been known for their audio quality. It's probably the only imperfect feature.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hard to be really sure, but the volume does seem lower to me. It never was very good on the TF, and all but useless on the speakers. I now generally have to goose it to the max to hear speech on my headphones.

I've been preoccupied with trying to isolate and eliminate system instability since ICS, but I do want to A-B compare audio levels between my DX and TF on identical material.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the lower volume while streaming Hulu Plus and Netflix last night using headphones; had to turn it all the way up, and was still having trouble hearing.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I just compared max volume on a YouTube music clip, between the TF and my DX, and the TF is notable weaker. That's not to say it's any weaker than it was before ICS, but I think it has been lowered a bit. Now, if we could easily move back and forth between ICS and Honeycomb, we could really decide. I'm tempted to try Volume+, to boost the levels, but I'm not sure it will work with an unrooted TF, plus I'm still fighting system instability related to ICS, and I don't want to introduce too many variables until I get that sorted out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87