Tablet not going into sleep on dock

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems that my tablet does not go into deep sleep while it is on the dock but it does when it is not on the dock. Is there something set wrong?

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It is checked. When the tablet screen is off, pressing keys on the keyboard does not wake it up. However, if I turn the screen off and close the tablet on the keyboard, when I open it, the home screen comes right out without a lock screen.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It is checked. When the tablet screen is off, pressing keys on the keyboard does not wake it up. However, if I turn the screen off and close the tablet on the keyboard, when I open it, the home screen comes right out without a lock screen.

I believe that is normal behavior. Mine does the same - and Deep Sleep occurs, unless I use WakeLock to prevent it.

Are you actually checking for Deep Sleep with an app like CPUSpy, to verify whether or not the tablet is actually accruing time in that mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am using CPUSpy and there is no deep sleep while on the dock, while there is when not on the dock.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am using CPUSpy and there is no deep sleep while on the dock, while there is when not on the dock.

I've not seen that situation on mine. I doubt it's very common, since some (most??) of us are battling the problem with reboots during Deep Sleep, and we are using WakeLock to prevent deep sleep for that reason. Aside from not getting Deep Sleep, how is your system stability with ICS?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Quite good. My only problem seems to be battery drain on the dock. Can anyone tell me how I can find out what app(s) are running when the battery is draining?

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Quite good. My only problem seems to be battery drain on the dock. Can anyone tell me how I can find out what app(s) are running when the battery is draining?

Rather than spinning your wheels trying to figure out what app may be causing the problem see if installing Auto Airplane Mode, (by DON) from the Google Store solves the problem.

swolebiceps

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Try the auto plane mode from the other post. It works great. If you still have issues then it may be the dreaded bad dock that needs RMAing back to asus to fix, same as mine needed. But still use the auto plane mode as well its a great app.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa