sending in for repair

TStop

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So after hunting for way too long, I finally found Asus's customer care number. I've been having the awful reboot issue even more since the last firmware upgrade and my gmail is ridiculously slow now as well. Someitmes it won't even load at all. Typing is awful, too. The cursor moves around at its own will.

The Customer service rep wants me to send it in to them for repairs. Has anyone else done this? He did not mention any cost but did not ask for my serial number either, so is their service free? Or am I sending it in only to be told its not under warranty anymore? I'm skeptical that they can do anything beyond the several factory resets I've done myself. I'm also worried about sending in something that has as many passwords and as much personal information stored on it as this device.

spacelordmf

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
They wanted me to send in mine too. I maybe they want Guinea pigs. I have a hard time believing that will fix the firmware issues. I sent my Asus laptop in a while back for a bodd flash issue. only thing that pissed me off was that they blew away the hard drives. that was not necessary.

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope they are doing some free repairs in exchange for having some tablets to experiment with. That means they haven't given up yet. I'll be happy to send them mine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
My transformer has been into RMA 8 times for repairs. A BBB complaint and consumerist article finally got them to replace it.

I don't think they become been out much over a year. They may be just be assuming it's still under warranty. Make sure you ask for a prepaid shipping label when you get the RMA number.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non