I feel like an idiot (Splashtop) TF101

nvelez

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea that the Transformer came with Splashtop in the MyCloud app. I went ahead and bought Splashtop yesterday and today I read that it was included. Grrrrr. I checked and sure enough it isn't the 5 minute free version its the Full version.

Oh well, support the devs, right? It was only a buck 99.
I guess I'll just install it onto my Nook Color to feel a bit better about myself. :)

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I did the same (bought before I knew it was included), but I like the app and as a dev I might have bought it anyways just to help them out. I am betting that they got more out of my $1.99 then Asus gave them for bundling it to my TF

ragebunny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well you get updates now straight from the app store for it. I think we have to wait for acer to get updates for the myCloud version.

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay so this might be a stupid question but how do you start it up?

Make sure that Splashtop is downloaded onto your PC or Mac. You'll have to set up a password to protect your desktop. Then turn on splashtop on your pc so it will become visible and sign in on your transformer.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so this might be a stupid question but how do you start it up?

If you bought the Splashtop app, do what Evo4g said.

If you are using the ASUS version, start the "MyCloud" app, then hit a couple of "next" buttons until you can hit the "My Desktop" button. It will load Splashtop on the TF (you need to have the splashtop server program running on your PC/MAC like Evo4g said.)

-Suntan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez