Music Player

Sfed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Man I feel like an idiot that I cannot figure this out. It looks like the music player cannot read .wma files. I tried copying them over from the computer and also directly from my Droid X. Am I missing something or do the files actually have to be mp3? They don't on the Droid.

Also, I cannot find an icon to put on the desktop for the video player anywhere on the damn thing. I looked in the app drawer, widgets, app shortcuts and it is not there. Anyone know where is it at?

Thanks in advance for any help.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Android doesn't have built in support for wma files:

Android Media Formats

You can either re-encode them to mp3 or ogg, or use a different media player like PowerAmp (free trial, costs around $5 for the full version).

As for videos, you again might want to look into another player anyway, since the video formats built into Android are also somewhat limited. This will also fix your icon issue. I like both VPlayer and MoboPlayer. MoboPlayer is free and can transcode most video formats on the fly. If you go with MoboPlayer, be sure to install the extra codec pack it recommends. If you have issues with playback on some of your files, go to Settings and turn on "Default Using Soft-Decoding" and it should playback fine.