sd card unexpected removed

capovawi

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I got my Asus Memo Pad HD7, and I have tried with several SD cards, but I always get the same message when trying to play videos or copy&paste files from SD card to internal memory. I returned back the tablet, thinking that was maybe a defective device, but I get the same problem with the new one:

"sd card unexpected removed" --> "Preparing SD card" --> sd card unexpected removed --> .... and so on

I have read a few posts in different websites talking about virus, firmware updates, etc. I have formatted the SD card, it doesn?t work. I have tried with three SD cards, same error, and those SD cards work fine with another tablet.

Anyone with the same problem?

Josh210

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I got that problem for a while with a certain microSD card, but not another. I ended up swabbing the contacts on the bad microSD card with a Q-tip dipped in some 70% isopropyl alcohol. This cleans them and I guess the receptiveness of the card is kind of bad cause it doesn't sit in there tight enough against the contacts, so cleaning it this way helps to get good electrical contact. My working microSD is a 16gb Lexar microSDHC class 6, if you want to try one of those maybe you will have better luck if the cleaning doesn't help.

gibletpie

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's what worked for me:

Take out the SD Card. Take some transparent tape, like office tape, and cut off 6 small pieces, no bigger than the SD Card. Stick them, one on top of the other, on the side of the SD Card with the writing on it. The idea is to add some thickness so the card can't move or shift while it's inserted. Now you can reinsert the card and you should find that you have no (or far fewer) problems. I read this solution elsewhere, so credit to the original poster, though I have forgotten his/her name.

The plastic on the back of the tablet flexes a little, and I think this causes the card to move or shift and lose contact. The tape will fix the problem.

TeeBee13

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I do have the same problem, so I opened up and found the memory card slot is a rather flimsy construction. The card is inserted with the copper connection strips facing toward the back cover, but the slot connection strips are on a plastic film which has no real structure, firmness so as the unit is moved around or in my case even witout that contact lost several times Memory Card Slot.jpg,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19