[Solved] bricked my tf300t a few days after purchase.

naelme

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
well i bricked it a few days after i got it..

i was installing jb update and it reset to asus screen. and it stayed on that screen. i rebooted it and when it came on it imediatly said it was wiping data from device. after that finished it reset to asus screen..

So i tried to get into fast boot usb but if the device is connected to the computer it locks the device and it never starts fastboot.

so i unplugged from pc and tried going to fastboot usb and it says it loaded, but my computer wont recognize the device when i plug it in..

im sick right now..

anyway to get this thing back operational? it was rooted and had clockwork on it but i can't get to cw with power and volume pressed.

what can i do?

Last edited:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have all the proper drivers and everything? It's odd that it won't reconize it. Is the battery dead yet and will it charge? I know that cw has issues with that in other models

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

naelme

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: bricked my tf300t a few days after purchase.

Are you sure you have all the proper drivers and everything? It's odd that it won't reconize it. Is the battery dead yet and will it charge? I know that cw has issues with that in other models

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Thank u for your response, I evacuated for hurricane Isaac so I have had no power to try anything else..

I got home tonight and surprisingly after my unit fully died it started to charge through USB which it wouldn't before, so taking this as a good sign I loaded fast boot and it recognised. On my PC, I loaded stock os 4.1 as my boot loader was 10.4... and flashed the blob with success. It seems a hard brick was resolved by fully losing battery it reset the boot loaders stuck state. I'm sending from my unit and very happy I will sleep tonight.

Yves_Michel

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: bricked my tf300t a few days after purchase.

Lucky you. I also tried to do what you described but with no luck. Maybe it needs an hurricane to make it work.
Cheers
Yves

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress