Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 94
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Infinity issues

    My only complaint right now is that something the touch screen becomes unresponsive. Like the device is hanging. It's set to performance mode and the screen is super ips+. Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Next up I rebooted to see if that would clear the lag and now wireless won't connect. It just bounces between the ESSID's that I have setup. Hoping that I just have a bum tablet and it isn't affecting everyone. Might have to try a factory reset. :-(
  3. #3  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

    Default

    I haven't experienced that yet. I had some minor trouble connecting to my WiFi but I haven't had any trouble since I first connected.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    No real issues yet except getting used to the touch screen, different then my Ipad 3 and the wireless is strong. Still learning the tablet....
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Did a reset from settings it's back and stable as well as the screen not freezing for seconds on end. Hope it's just a fluke.
    raco189 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Hey everyone,

    I just received mine yesterday and have been less than impressed so far. I did a factory reset as soon as I took it out of the box, but it's still quite choppy and gets much worse depending on the app. The worst one for me is the Netflix app. It's almost unusable...at least for me.

    I went to settings and put it in performance mode, but haven't noticed much difference. Any ideas? Should I wait for Jellybean or return it now if I'm not quite happy with it?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    I have had mine for a few days so far without experiencing any of the above mentioned issues. The first thing I did out of the box is give it a full charge and upgraded the firmware right away before transferring my Apps and Data from my Prime.

    Wifi worked right away for me and I noticed a huge improvement over my Prime as far as streaming videos and audio. I also made sure all my Apps were running their latest releases by updating all of them that needed them.

    Only hiccup I had was one or two Apps would crash after I ran them right away after a restore. Rebooted and ran the Apps again without any issues. I decided this time not to run any Launchers and noticed no lag compared to my Prime when I was running Go Launcher.

    Maybe check what Apps are running in the background and shutting them off to see if your lag goes away or turn off syncing and any malware apps that may run in the background to test if the problem exist?



    So far so good for me.
    incarceration likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Love this thing, incredible performance and none of the problems mentioned above.

    I did have one issue connecting to my routers (old Linksys wrt54g, and a new E1200). It would connect to either router, but not get through to the internet. Very odd. In the end, I had to enable SSID broadcast on both routers, and set it up for static IP address connection. Both issues are apparently common, whatever the case, that fixed my only issue with this pad.

    Performance is awesome, but then again, I haven't loaded up a bunch of new apps yet.
  9. #9  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Anyone noticing the device hanging...are you downloading or installing anything? The I/O issues are well known and should be fixed in the next software update

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jel415 View Post
    My only complaint right now is that something the touch screen becomes unresponsive. Like the device is hanging. It's set to performance mode and the screen is super ips+. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I am starting to notice theses issues now myself. I am not very impressed with speed of the web browsers. It seems like I have to completely load the webpage before I can do any scrolling. Sometimes I'll exit to the home screen, go to tap on an icon and nothing will happen.

    Very disheartening. I never had theses issues with my tf101.

    Hopefully asus puts out an update soon to correct these issues.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    The tf700 is my second tablet. I've had an ipad 2 since launch (and been using a droid x since launch as my phone). I waited for years (literally) for an android tablet good enough for prime time and finally got this one. Here are my impressions and issues so far - would love to hear if any of you have suggestions or comments-

    1. I've experienced the same lag issues mentioned by many on this forum. I find the internet browsing experience to be inferior to my 1.5 year old ipad 2. This is crazy to me. I was willing to give up on the plethora of apps because most of my use is internet browsing - but having a laggy and slow internet experience is just unacceptable. I've tried resetting and I've tried stock browser, chrome and firefox. This is clearly an issue with either the OS or the hardware and it's very disheartening.

    2. I read about the lack of android apps for tablets, but this is pretty crazy. My main in-bed reading is NYTimes and Wall Street Journal. The NYT app is laughable (anybody know if they are updating this?) and the Wall Street Journal app (and this is the one I'd love help with) doesn't seem to be scaling properly. The section headings are unreadable and massive and the text is too small.. I can't seem to find a setting that fixes this. The app is also EXTREMELY laggy - again, much moreso than my ipad 2.

    3. the keyboard is great. I love it. I'm thinking of returning this thing and finding another lower end asus tablet that I can attach a keyboard to.

    Bottom line is I'm unwilling to pay $550 (tablet price with tax) + $150 (keyboard) for an inferior experience to a 1.5 year old tablet from apple, as much as I'd love to have an android tablet. The only thing right now stopping me from returning this thing is the keyboard attachment, which is unbelievable.

    Do my issues above sound like I got a lemon and should try swapping, or are android tablets still 1 or 2 generations away from prime time?
    jel415 and SeniorAlex like this.
  12. #12  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsfan33 View Post
    The tf700 is my second tablet. I've had an ipad 2 since launch (and been using a droid x since launch as my phone). I waited for years (literally) for an android tablet good enough for prime time and finally got this one. Here are my impressions and issues so far - would love to hear if any of you have suggestions or comments-

    1. I've experienced the same lag issues mentioned by many on this forum. I find the internet browsing experience to be inferior to my 1.5 year old ipad 2. This is crazy to me. I was willing to give up on the plethora of apps because most of my use is internet browsing - but having a laggy and slow internet experience is just unacceptable. I've tried resetting and I've tried stock browser, chrome and firefox. This is clearly an issue with either the OS or the hardware and it's very disheartening.

    2. I read about the lack of android apps for tablets, but this is pretty crazy. My main in-bed reading is NYTimes and Wall Street Journal. The NYT app is laughable (anybody know if they are updating this?) and the Wall Street Journal app (and this is the one I'd love help with) doesn't seem to be scaling properly. The section headings are unreadable and massive and the text is too small.. I can't seem to find a setting that fixes this. The app is also EXTREMELY laggy - again, much moreso than my ipad 2.

    3. the keyboard is great. I love it. I'm thinking of returning this thing and finding another lower end asus tablet that I can attach a keyboard to.

    Bottom line is I'm unwilling to pay $550 (tablet price with tax) + $150 (keyboard) for an inferior experience to a 1.5 year old tablet from apple, as much as I'd love to have an android tablet. The only thing right now stopping me from returning this thing is the keyboard attachment, which is unbelievable.

    Do my issues above sound like I got a lemon and should try swapping, or are android tablets still 1 or 2 generations away from prime time?
    I understand your frustration but honestly a lot of this is just early adopter headaches. Having had the Transformer TF101 for a while I am confident Asus will be quick with software updates to resolve the lag issues. Not to mention the Infinity will most likely be one of the first tablets to get Jelly Bean.

    The android tablet market landscape is pretty bleak at the moment but I have confidence things will pick up now that we have some nexus hardware getting consumer traction. We'll be even better once the 10" nexus is released but until then things will be pretty slow.

    Personally I'm pretty forgiving of initial flaws as long as they are software related and will be fixed relatively quickly but I could see how others would not be.



    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    I've had my Infinity for about 4 days now. Out of the box, I set it to charge for a full 8 hours before even turning it on; when it was up and running, it updated itself, and when I joined it to the keyboard dock (The same one I purchased with the TF Prime, by the way), it updated the dock firmware as well.

    I have no issues with screen responsiveness, lagginess, freezing, force closing or any other performance issues.

    The one problem I do have is that the Infinity tablet will not mount my SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards, neither the 32GB nor the 64GB, whether formatted as ExFat, Fat32 or NTFS. It seems to recognize that there is something in the slot, but it will not mount the card, not even manually. The TF Prime has no problem with these cards, and the keyboard dock will mount them flawlessly. This is a firmware issue, and I presume Asus will address it in a future update.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Out of the box the device was great. But within 10min after messing around with the ips+ display settings I noticed changing with the brightness level on its own. Especially when the brightness is set to its lowest level. But Im confident a update could solve this.

    But my main concern is the power button. Once the device is in active for a period of time the button becomes non responsive. Now matter how much I press the button the screen stays black. It may be I got a fluke model but does anyone else have this problem. Im hesitant to return my tablet because I love it so much but if this problem continues I will be forced to.
  15. #15  
    Bamm83's Avatar

    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectorman View Post
    I've had my Infinity for about 4 days now. Out of the box, I set it to charge for a full 8 hours before even turning it on; when it was up and running, it updated itself, and when I joined it to the keyboard dock (The same one I purchased with the TF Prime, by the way), it updated the dock firmware as well.

    I have no issues with screen responsiveness, lagginess, freezing, force closing or any other performance issues.

    The one problem I do have is that the Infinity tablet will not mount my SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards, neither the 32GB nor the 64GB, whether formatted as ExFat, Fat32 or NTFS. It seems to recognize that there is something in the slot, but it will not mount the card, not even manually. The TF Prime has no problem with these cards, and the keyboard dock will mount them flawlessly. This is a firmware issue, and I presume Asus will address it in a future update.
    The bottom left line with most of the problems I see with the unit is a software issue. Asus will be noting these "problems" and address them accordingly. GPS, WiFi, battery, etc. are all working flawless for me and those are all hardware aspects. We being the early adopters are beta testers essentially and we need to understand that with android that is the norm. Apple doesn't have as much issue because they work on one device at a time (tablets anyway). Asus isn't as big as Apple obviously and we need to be patient or just return the unit and wait until the updates arrive.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    A couple of you guys are scaring the hell out of me, I'm almost expecting something to go wrong now. Mine is still running without issue, none of the problems listed above.

    I jump between my home's wireless G connection to N connection and it's still screaming along on either router. The only lag I have ever noticed is coming from the websites loading up ads, which is a pain in the a$$.

    Check to see what else you might have running in the background, and be sure it's not advertisement banner/box loading on website that's keeping it from loading up a page completely. I get a lot of that even on my AMD quad core desktop box at 100mb hard wired ethernet connection.

    If tablets are similar to phone devices, I'm likely to hold off on loading up a bunch of apps, especially if they only duplicate what I can do with a browser bookmark. It seemed the more apps I loaded on my Droid, and the more customizations I did, the more I lost performance. With that said, I would agree the Jelly Bean may provide some relief but I'm happy with ICS at the moment. I did get a firmware download already, not sure what it addressed.

    LOL, I broke my own promise to never buy a version 1 of anything, and here I am with version 1 of the TF700T and biting my nails.
    SeniorAlex likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    My two cents....


    • Screen is less responsive than at least my Galaxy Tab 10.1; get frustrated sometimes having to "click" on things multiple times
    • Battery seems to drain faster than Tab and it shows WiFi as using the bulk of battery power for some reason, even when I turn WiFi off.
    • TouchDown has gone corrupt twice in the 3 days; no idea why
    • Words With Friends and Draw Something will not run (contacted developers, now waiting)


    I have done a full factory reset. Reinstalled everything. The above issues persist. Disappointed given the hype and cost of the tablet.

    I am NOT having issues with WiFi and the screen looks great! I am not using the keyboard dock so I can't comment on that.

    -------------------

    I am hoping this is early adopter-itis and that some fixes will come from ASUS in the near future. <fingers and toes crossed> I also wonder how much of this is ICS and how much is ASUS because my Tab ran Honeycomb.

  18. #18  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

    Default

    Keep in mind that it costs some extra battery life to power the high def screen. Battery life will be able on par with the tab and first gen transformer.

    The complaints i have are not even close to enough for me to return this thing. I couldn't go to another low res tab after the infinity.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

    Default

    I would just like to say netflix runs like a dog on this thing. Navigating the title browser is very slow.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    Vagrant_1 and raco189 like this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Quote Originally Posted by CostaKev View Post
    But my main concern is the power button. Once the device is in active for a period of time the button becomes non responsive. Now matter how much I press the button the screen stays black. It may be I got a fluke model but does anyone else have this problem. Im hesitant to return my tablet because I love it so much but if this problem continues I will be forced to.
    I had this happen one time, but I noticed it was being caused by the case I wrapped mine in. The case, made for a TF201 and TF300 (which are different than the TF700) doesn't have a cutout for the volume rocker.

    Apparently it was pushing in on the volume rocker, rendering the On/Off button useless until I removed the case. Hasn't occurred since. Thought I'd mention it in case it happens to you again. I subsequently cut the case so that it exposes the On/Off now, no problems.
  21. #21  
    njgsx96's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    ROM
    BAMF

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    So far I have had no issues with mine. I think it runs a little warm with heavy use but that is to be expected. I would love the battery to last a little longer but I guess with a fast CPU/GPU, HD resolution and a bright screen, it can only last so long if in constant use. Still, I get about 7 hours of heavy use out of a charge. But these are minor if anything and really more of an observation than an issue. The only issue I have is i cannot put the damn thing down!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Quote Originally Posted by CostaKev View Post
    Out of the box the device was great. But within 10min after messing around with the ips+ display settings I noticed changing with the brightness level on its own. Especially when the brightness is set to its lowest level. But Im confident a update could solve this.

    But my main concern is the power button. Once the device is in active for a period of time the button becomes non responsive. Now matter how much I press the button the screen stays black. It may be I got a fluke model but does anyone else have this problem. Im hesitant to return my tablet because I love it so much but if this problem continues I will be forced to.
    Do you have the IPS Mode set to Auto? That would cause the brightness of the screen brightness to change on its own. This was the default setting on mine when I first turned it on.

    I haven't had any of the issues you described with the power button.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I would just like to say netflix runs like a dog on this thing. Navigating the title browser is very slow.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    Turn on "force gpu rendering" in developer settings, that fixes the Netflix issues.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Quote Originally Posted by BeverageNinja View Post
    Do you have the IPS Mode set to Auto? That would cause the brightness of the screen brightness to change on its own. This was the default setting on mine when I first turned it on.

    I haven't had any of the issues you described with the power button.
    Nope. The screen only flickers when set to power saving with ips and auto off. The power button hasn't given me more problems but I have had some random resets
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Infinity issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo-droid View Post
    Turn on "force gpu rendering" in developer settings, that fixes the Netflix issues.

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Changing this setting helped with my performance on the Netflix menus.
    raco189 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B