Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700, Mac OS X 10.8 and iTunes

gregpod9

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago I bought an iPad 3 and I will be returning it tomorrow because IOS boring, and has terrible backlight bleeding. I'm considering to buy the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 and I have a few questions on it.
1. Is it compatible with Mac OS X 10.8?
2. Can I transfer my music that I bought from iTunes to the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700?
3. Can I transfer photo from my macbook pro to the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700?

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A few days ago I bought an iPad 3 and I will be returning it tomorrow because IOS boring, and has terrible backlight bleeding. I'm considering to buy the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 and I have a few questions on it.
1. Is it compatible with Mac OS X 10.8?
2. Can I transfer my music that I bought from iTunes to the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700?
3. Can I transfer photo from my macbook pro to the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700?

First I want to say sorry about your iPad. I own the TF700T and I hope that some of my reply helps you a bit. I'm sure others will have more advice but this will be a start.

Compatibility is a wide open discussion, I'm going to assume you mean can you connect it to your mac. The answer is yes. I use a 2011 late 27 Inch iMac and i have no problem using my infinity with it. You will have to download the Android transfer but it's really simple.

As far as music goes, you can't transfer directly from iTunes to the infinity but I use an app called DoubleTwist that works perfectly with the Mac and Android. with DoubleTwist you can transfer all of your music and playlists and then sync the mac app with the app on your Infinity.

DoubleTwist will also sync pictures, however I always found it easier to just put them on the micro SD card using the adapter and the SD card slot on the side of the Mac. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to use the data cable to use view the Infinity as a mounted volume on the mac like you can with other USB devices.

Hope this helps.

madliu

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello gregpod9, followings are the answers:
1. The Asus Infinity TF700 can definitely recognized by Mac OS X 10.8. By the way, if your Macbook pro does not do this, you can download the USB drive program and install it to your Macbook pro.
2. You can transfer iTunes music to the Infinity TF700, besides music, other media contents like videos, movies, podcasts, photography, etc. can also be exported from iTunes to the devices. But, some iTunes media contents are copy protected by DRM (digital right management). For such protected files, you can check this article to make them Non-DRM, and then they will be transferred to Infinity TF700.
3. Photos in Mac computer always can be send to Android devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress