64gb micro sd

dr_hfuhuhurr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64gb card coming tomorrow. I will report back when I get it. I believe the Transformer Prime supported the 64gb cards so I assumed the Infinity would as well.

bwlandu

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one on eBay that apparently works quite well on our Tablets. $51.

Search eBay / Amazon for
SanDisk Ultra Mobile 64GB microSDXC Card Plus Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

I ordered 2 of the 64 GB Micro SD cards, one for my phone the other for my tablet, and they arrived today.

They work just fine on my phone and they kind of work on my tablet. Let me explain. The Micro SD card slot on my TF700T will not recognize the either of the 64 GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD Cards. As I slide the Micro SD Card into the tablet the text "Preparing external storage..." will sometimes briefly appear in the lower right, but nothing will happen and the cards are not detected beyond that. However, if I put the same Micro SD card in an SD Card Adapter, and insert into the SD Card slot on the TF201 Keyboard Dock, it reads the card just fine. Same goes for the USB slot with a Micro SD USB Card Reader. So it looks like I have to use my keyboard dock if I want to use these cards. I haven't had time to copy any files to the card to see how it performs but needless to say I'm bummed that the tablet doesn't see it when inserted.

The Micro SD card that was in my phone is the same model and brand, but is 32 GB. I just tried that card on my tablet and it doesn't detect it either. What's weird is that I have a Lexar 32 GB Micro SD card that my tablet has no problems reading. What gives?

Dionysis

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Asus support asking what size of SDHC card the 32 Gb Infinity can use and here is their reply:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Joe and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Sorry,the TF700T only supports the 32gb SDHC SD card now.
I am very thank you for contacting ASUS and providing your feedback. Your information has been documented and forwarded to the appropriate contacts for further review and improvement.

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate
to contact us.

Best Regard
Joe

Not sure if this statement indicates that a future firmware update might allow larger cards but it seems for now, 32 Gb is the "recommended" size. And "Joe" never did answer my question about which brand of card is better suited to the Infinity. :p

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a 64GB Class 6 SanDisk card without any problems. It's a transfer from my Motorola Xoom and to use it there I had to format it FAT32 because of problems on that tablet.

Dave

Scout11

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to format the card to a specific format? Also does it work in both the tablet and the dock? (If you have the dock that is)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you have to format the card to a specific format? Also does it work in both the tablet and the dock? (If you have the dock that is)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I've used both exFAT and FAT32 64GB cards in both slots without a problem.

Robotixguy

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

I just inserted the card, the tablet recognized it and it worked like a charm, I did not have to format anything.

I don't have a dock.

mikenzinbfe

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
i have several cards some name brand a couple off brand and have had no issues. i have a sandisk 64gb in the tablet right now and a 64gb komputer bay card in my dock. i also have a 128gb lexar card that i have used several times in my dock also mostly for vids. last thing all formatted ntfs. fat32 will work but ntfs is better. i have however had issues with cards that come formatted exfat, once redone ntfs they then have worked fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch