Tablet laggy if Wifi set to sleep

ma3loom

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that since the most recent update to 4.2.2 that when the tablet awakes, even though I'm used to a certain degree of lag, is excessively laggy after waking up?

Gmail used to be the main aggressor of the lag with 4.1.2 but I could deal with it. Now once I turn it on it remains laggy for a good 10-15 minutes until gmail finally syncs. I don't really want to leave my wifi on when the tablet is asleep because I burn through battery by the next time I turn it on I've almost depleted the battery or the tablet is dead and needs to be charged.

Thoughts? How do you run yours?

Also anyone try rooting the Asus Infinity and what has been your experience?

Thanks

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I also don't want to leave my wifi on always on, also not to deplete battery, but at same time I'm in same boat as you as I know by keeping it on, I'll avoid having to wait for that long lag period to finish.
I dislike the lag now and from before the update too. It really is gmail that seems to be causing lots of this lag, I completely agree.

It's like the tablet is saying: "need to sync everything now please don't bother. Despite me having multiple cores, let me work only on this, when I'm done, I'll run whatever you want"

This has to do with the i/o issues of our tablet, mostly Asus coding of their skin over vanilla Android. From what I understand, rooting it helps a lot in this category, enabling much smoother/seamless interface.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that since the most recent update to 4.2.2 that when the tablet awakes, even though I'm used to a certain degree of lag, is excessively laggy after waking up?

Gmail used to be the main aggressor of the lag with 4.1.2 but I could deal with it. Now once I turn it on it remains laggy for a good 10-15 minutes until gmail finally syncs. I don't really want to leave my wifi on when the tablet is asleep because I burn through battery by the next time I turn it on I've almost depleted the battery or the tablet is dead and needs to be charged.

Thoughts? How do you run yours?

Also anyone try rooting the Asus Infinity and what has been your experience?

Thanks

Have you selected "disconnect network during sleep" in Asus customized settings (last option)?
If that does not help you could enable the low battery saver in the 'Power Saver' settings and the set the trigger point to 80% or so.

I have been running custom roms for a few months now, but do not remember that I had a problem with the battery draining overnight or during sleep, so it could also be a bad battery....

Is it worth rooting? Maybe. It at least enables you to install browser2ram which helps with the browser lag. But it won't make much difference in the general system lag.
The real difference is installing a custom rom. For that you have to unlock the bootloader and you loose your warranty if you do that. (Rooting is not necessary since each custom rom comes rooted)
Is THAT worth it? That's for you to decide. But I can tell you that it's like someone handing you a new device. There's absolutely no comparison between the stock system and the same machine running CleanROM Inheritance! The tab is smooth and flies through everything I can throw at it. Pure joy!

If you're interested head over to the XDA developer forums and check out the thread for CROMI Xenogenesis. That's the latest version of CleanROM based on the 4.2 bootloader. It's in it's last beta version, but the dev will have the first general release out within a week or so. And it'll take you at least that long to read up on the correct and safe procedure to (in that order) unlock, install a custom recovery and flash a custom rom. ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2