Will Zenfone 2 work with Metropcs?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Good. Thank you. Do they all come with a T-mobile Sim?

I was at the unveiling event also. We were handed review units and some swag. The retail box came in a marketing campaign box with the Sim card included and a case. You will only get a sim if you get the phone from a carrier. It should not be included otherwise.

Posted via the Android Central App

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping too that it works for MetroPCS. I almost went with a Moto E 4G 2nd gen (while waiting for the Moto G 4G 2nd Gen), but I somehow heard about the ASUS Zenfone 2 and I am sooooo happy that I did. These specs are so much better and for only $50 more.

The only problem I'm having is going with either the 16GB or the 64GB. After much research I'm still about 50:50 between the two. Hoping a memorial day sale will pop up....

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Phone's 4G stopped working about 1 hr after I came back from MetroPCS. It still does not work, and I will be busy with work so I cannot fiddle with any settings. Very disappointed for now. I see another fellow who has the same issue. Will update.

I just came back from MetroPCS.

First of all, it works. I get 3000 KB/s download speeds 300 KB/s upload using speedtest. I'm in the bay area in CA.

It took the MetroPCS rep over 30 min to get it set up. The rep tried multiple APNs to finally get one that worked with the phone. The phone would always read the SIM, but could not get data to work. I'm not sure what setting worked in the end, but it's working currently.

It works! Great phone. I got the 16GB $199 version and it's more than twice as fast as my S GS3. Very high value compared to what else is out in the market. I almost bought a Moto E 2nd gen 4G for $150. I was waiting for a Moto G 2nd Gen 4G to be released....but the ASUS is significantly better than either phone spec wise. If everything works out with this phone, it's the best value currently on the market. Talking about the $199 version.

Last edited:

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Since I do not have 10 posts yet, I cannot link the post that has given me a solution.

The poster is named josearmz10789 and he provided an APN that enabled 4G. If you are having issues with your MetroPCS and your ASUS Zenfone 2 try his settings out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty