lock screen problems

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I keep having lock screen problems. I have set it so auto lock after 2 minutes and power press auto locks instantly. I use a pin so this always on defeats purpose

Doesn't seem to work and I have to do a restart to get it on.

Anyone else have this problem? Its a PITA as phone will switch on in pocket etc.

Suggestions to fix?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, can you clarify? Is the screen coming on by itself, unlocked? Or are you having problems getting the screen to turn on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the double-tap to wake feature turned on? Maybe the phone is detecting inadvertent double-taps while in your pocket.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the double-tap to wake feature turned on? Maybe the phone is detecting inadvertent double-taps while in your pocket.

Not sure where that is but if it needs a pin how would it turn it on?

After restarting it currently is not occurring but that is the pattern, in a day or so it will begin again.

My suspicion is some program overrides the setting somehow.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Double-tap to wake is a ZenMotion. Go to Settings>ZenMotion>Touch Gesture. Under Suspend Mode, there's a switch for Screen On (Double tap to wakeup).

If you have a PIN or pattern set up, and if the screen is locked, then double-tapping the screen will wake up the screen, but to the PIN or pattern entry lockscreen.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have not used the touch Gesture disabled that a long time ago due to problems with pocket presses.

I have gone into auto-start manager and denied everything except calendar, yahoo mail and hangouts. I also noticed an old file from clean master was constantly starting even if I went in and manually stopped it.

If I restart it works for a while but then goes back to staying on. Screen goes black but pressing the power button brings it back to an on status without having to enter my pin.

If I did a full rest of the phone what occurs? I guess I then have to reload all the programs I want back. I think google will do this but it probably loads some programs I don't want back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam