Lock screen wallpaper resets itself after each reboot

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i have set several pix setup for my lock screen. whenever i power off and on the phone, the lock screen reverts back to the picture i use for my home screen.
and i have to go into wallpaper and style to fix it.

is anyone having the same bug with UI 6.0??

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
** updates

it turns on i have a third party app to change the profile and wallpaper and i accidentally set it for homescreen instead of lockscreen.

thank you everyone for taking time to address my post, cheers!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
maybe i was not too clear asking the questions.

1. i have wallpaper-1 for the home screen
2. i have wallpaper-2, wallpaper-3, wallpaper-4 for the lock screen. so when i double tap the phone to show the lock screen, my wallpaper cycles thru 2-3-4.

now when i reboot the phone, wallpaper-2, 3 , 4 disappear from the lock screen. wallpaper-1 now shows up in the lock screen. so i have to go into wallpaper and theme to get back wallpaper-2,3 & 4 agan.

does it make sense why i am calling this a bug?

** having tested this over and over, i think i have found a bug
1. pinch the screen -> wallpaper and style -> change wallpapers
2. now select more than one, 3 pictures to use for your lockscreen (NOT HOME SCREEN).
3. press done. double tap screen or home button to go to sleep, wake home up to verify you can cycle all 3 pictures you chose for your lockson
4. now restart your phone, your lockscreen picture now shows the picture for your home screen. all 3 pictures disappear

you can only assign ONE picture for the lockscreen for it to work. i know in UI 6.0 i can assign multiple pix for lockscreen and it works.
I knew you were referring to lock screen wallpaper that's why I mentioned wallpaper services that automatically populates Locked screen wallpaper but since your using Multiple gallery pictures I understand now your not using that service I mentioned.

As for your issue probably wasn't a issue on 6.0 but Samsung changed things on 6.1 how it use to be, and a restart makes sense to me that it default to the one picture , just like a restart doesn't let you use biometrics only pin or password or pattern and no notifications until u open to hone screen.

Best thing report to Samsung see what they say.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This i thought you were using
ba7668213f4a63227e7a6ebe2f7d2573.jpg