Network and data issues abroad

ppddst

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Hallo,
I have an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser with Android 6.0.1.

I live on the border with another country, and the network and data connection behavior is causing me a lot of headache.

1) If I select my own network, this selection is totally forgot once I reboot.
--> it should remember the selection

2) If I don't select the network, every time it connects to a foreign network, it asks if I want data connection enabled,
even though I have selected the option "data roaming off" (of course sometimes I select by mistake "roaming on", and get charged for that)
--> "off" should mean "off", not "ask every time"

3) If I am abroad for some time and I have told him "no data for this trip", when I come back to my country
and I connect to my homecountry network, data connection does not work, so I have to reboot
--> no data for this trip should last as long as the trip last, not forever.

Can anybody help me?
Thx
PB

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My only suggestion would be to go into settings/more/cellular networks/network operators then press choose a network operator then search networks and find yours. I believe the phone could be set to choose automatically and then it might be connecting to the one you don't want.

I had to do this on a trip to get my network to work. You have to remember to go in and find the correct network whenever you change countries if you don't use auto