ZW2 chimes while sitting on charger

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that just recently, my ZW2 will chime a few times throughout the night when placed on the charger. I'll get the "charging" chime when the watch is initially connected to the charger, but then it chimes again later (perhaps a "the watch is now fully charged" chime??) and if I ignore it, it will chime again ("reminder - the watch is now fully charged"???)

I charge my watch overnight and this chime is waking me up. Is this a feature or a bug? Can it be turned off?

I do not think this is a "loss of connection to the charging cable" type situation because the watch is on a charging stand and it also never did this prior to just a few days ago. I did try cleaning the charging connection, just in case it is a connection issue, but the chimes still occur.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced the same thing recently and you covered the whole scenario exactly as I would have written it. I really thought cleaning the contacts would solve the problem, but, just like you it didn't make any difference. Something has changed.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay, obviously it's not just me. I contacted ASUS (this morning) via their "Report a Bug" feature in the ZenWatch app and I also contacted them via Twitter. Let's see if they say anything.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery is fully charged and I just timed the chimes. They happen about every 40 seconds, but strangely in 16 iterations two of the intervals were about 170 seconds (2 min. 50 seconds) each.

I wonder if it's a new warning to take the charger off when the watch is fully charged.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It looks like a new version of ZenWatch Manager (version 3.0.0.161013) has been released. I just updated to the new version, so I haven't tested the watch (it's on my wrist right now). I'll have to try later and see if the issue has been resolved.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I updated to ZenWatch Manager version 3.0.0.161013. I let the ZW2 charge overnight and this morning I left it on the charger for an extra 8 hours. It hasn't chimed at all. I hope that the fix was in the update.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it's a new warning to take the charger off when the watch is fully charged.

Yesterday I updated to ZenWatch Manager version 3.0.0.161013. I let the ZW2 charge overnight and this morning I left it on the charger for an extra 8 hours. It hasn't chimed at all. I hope that the fix was in the update.

That's what I was thinking too. I think it's a "your watch is now charged" and "... Hey! Your watch is charged, you can stop charging it now!" thing, but it's as anoying as heck and ASUS knows nothing about it (I contacted them via Twitter).

ASUS said:
We have made checks and we're not seeing where we have any documentation and knowledge of this issue.

I tested it during the day after installing the update and no chime, but last night it chimed overnight. I decided to go ahead and do a reset of the watch this morning. I'll test it again tonight and see what happens. I'm glad it's no longer chiming for you.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Oooohhhh no...
Just to eliminate a variable try this:

I've found that brushing the contacts on both the watch and the cord with a toothbrush cleans it up and allows a quick connection. I keep the toothbrush nearby and use it about once per week (on the contacts). Just to confirm, I don't use toothpaste, the toothbrush is dry, and no, I don't use it to brush my teeth :D

cjbnc

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ZenWatch Manager 3.0.0.161019 here, and it has woken me up both of the last two nights. When It does, I can disconnect the power and go back to sleep, but yes its very annoying. Used the app to send a bug report to add to their feedback.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
ZenWatch Manager 3.0.0.161019 here, and it has woken me up both of the last two nights. When It does, I can disconnect the power and go back to sleep, but yes its very annoying. Used the app to send a bug report to add to their feedback.

I just turned off all sounds. I did submit a report using the bug reporting. I also informed them that there are several cases and that I am not the only one. No response from ASUS. :(

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Add me to the list. My Zenwatch 2 has been doing this off and on for several months. I say off and on because it doesn't wake my wife or me up every night. I've tried cleaning the contacts to no avail. Android Wear and Zenwatch Manager are up to date. I even have Do Not Disturb set overnight on my phone. The watch even shows the do not disturb icon. but it still chimes, at least some nights.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun