The new Hyundai Sonata

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty nice. I really like the direction they went with it.

On a side note, why can't anyone figure out how to make the USB in a car work with phones with SD cards? Or do they and I just haven't noticed?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You know what, I have been eyeing Hyundai and Kia's for a while now. Not to purchase, but in terms of the quality of cars these companies are starting to offer and not to mention the nice warranty.

I saw a model (think the Genesis) that is supposed to compete with the higher end Mercedes Models. Interior had the works and probably came at a fraction of the cost that a Mercedes of similar class would. Very impressed with the newer models.

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with the usb interface and I believe it works fine with my phone. I rarely use it though as it takes time to load up my card and I mainly want to listen to Pandora, which I can't do through the USB port. But the car will load up all the music that is on my MicroUSB card with no trouble.

I did try using my iPod Shuffle (white gumstick model) and while it loads the music fine, the titles of all the songs are jumbled.

Though now that I think about it, I can't remember if the titles are displayed correctly when I plug in my phone. I think they are but I'd have to go check again.

It also works great with my iPod Touch but I had to buy this specific cable has plugs into the USB and 1/8" jack at the same time to get my Touch to work.

Sadly my old 4th gen iPod won't play at all.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's Sonata lot of money...
[obligitory first post, Sorry for the cheese;)]

Ah ha! I see what you did there!

Hyundai has come a long way. I'm a die hard Honda fan but the quality Hyundai has been putting out has all of the other car manufacturers on edge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
The new Hyundai's are really nice. The company has been following right in Hondas footsteps and they deserve all the credit they get. Cars in general are much better these days from most manufactures.

On a side note, why can't anyone figure out how to make the USB in a car work with phones with SD cards?
Works great in my car with Sync. Flashdrives work great too. Starting 2014 many new cars will be iOS7 compatible and things will work even better....

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

On a side note, why can't anyone figure out how to make the USB in a car work with phones with SD cards? Or do they and I just haven't noticed?

Similar problem here. I have to use an auxiliary if I want to listen to music on my phone...the isheep music player only works with USB from an iPhone.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Over here Hyundai's are looked down upon, but the newer models I am starting to like bang for buck wise. I drove an i30 the other day in my driving lesson, I must admit it felt better than an Subaru Imprezza (mind you i am not flooring these cars but just driving around how you would do on your learners).

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, what's the point of something that hits 320kmph/200miles-ph and goes 0-100kmph/0-60mph in sub 4 seconds...we all have to abide buy something called a speed limit...getting these fancy fast cars just isn't practical, never mind the fact that it's illegal to really push the throttle, you fuel consumption is terrible and expenses from running costs (services, general maintenance and repairs) are far too high...I mean if I take a short 40 second drive to the shop around the corner, I dont want to perform yoga just to get into such a low down car and then sit on the floor as you drive...never mind the anxiety of taking the risk of getting a scratch or dent. Why do you think people with Ferraris dont drive them ?

I even heard a Mercedes salesman state that when a customer buys an Mercedes sls they are very excited, but wait a month and that excitement dies down as they come to terms with practicality...eventually it could very well become a burden to own such a car.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had that same discussion with my brother in law as they he was trying to convience me to buy an Subaru Impreza/Outback/Forester or Liberity over a Corolla/Yaris/Echo due to the 'power' makes it safer over taking trucks. I look for in them is cheap and practical. Mind you I know people who don't drive their Ferarri for a different reason (the lady is spat at and called a poser or 'rent a car lady'so she chooses to drive a SMART 'kool'car).

The only reason i can see for a big motor is for towing, where i am everyone has 4x4's and were in the city... on average I believe we travel one of the longest distances per year by road. In a 4x4 I view its very silly, let alone expensive with fuel prices. Maybe its me but I don't view all these 'man' cars attractive.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Ask him if it's really worth paying double the price of a normal car just "to overtake trucks"...having more performance could also make you take bigger risks, all I'm trying to say is that a well experienced, good and considerate driver is the best safety "feature" any car can have.

As for the "safety of overtaking", thats as bad as saying you need to buy a
$1 400 000 Bugati Veron so that you can overtake trucks. (same concept and idea for justification of the cause as well as the reason for having such a fast car)

likeag8

Banned
Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I had that same discussion with my brother in law as they he was trying to convience me to buy an Subaru Impreza/Outback/Forester or Liberity over a Corolla/Yaris/Echo due to the 'power' makes it safer over taking trucks. I look for in them is cheap and practical. Mind you I know people who don't drive their Ferarri for a different reason (the lady is spat at and called a poser or 'rent a car lady'so she chooses to drive a SMART 'kool'car).

The only reason i can see for a big motor is for towing, where i am everyone has 4x4's and were in the city... on average I believe we travel one of the longest distances per year by road. In a 4x4 I view its very silly, let alone expensive with fuel prices. Maybe its me but I don't view all these 'man' cars attractive.

i really like subarus. my wife is looking to replace her 4th gen vw jetta and wanted something with awd. for the price, i don't see how you can beat a subaru. we test drove the impreza and the impreza wrx. i must say the wrx impressed me. however $26,000 is more than my wife wants to pay right now.
Posted from my HTC One

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
tell me about it
Posted from my HTC One
The aux is connected to the USB a shape similar to this "I_____H" I being the aux and h being the auxiliary, every time I connect my phone I get the message "no device detected" I solved this buy using a different aux cable.

note : it was the stock aux cable that came with the car that was the problem, not the stereo.

likeag8

Banned
Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The aux is connected to the USB a shape similar to this "I_____H" I being the aux and h being the auxiliary, every time I connect my phone I get the message "no device detected" I solved this buy using a different aux cable.

note : it was the stock aux cable that came with the car that was the problem, not the stereo.

glad to hear it wasn't the stereo

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Ask him if it's really worth paying double the price of a normal car just "to overtake trucks"...having more performance could also make you take bigger risks, all I'm trying to say is that a well experienced, good and considerate driver is the best safety "feature" any car can have.

As for the "safety of overtaking", thats as bad as saying you need to buy a
$1 400 000 Bugati Veron so that you can overtake trucks. (same concept and idea for justification of the cause as well as the reason for having such a fast car)

I feel pity for your offsprings and your screen name fits your personilty.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It's true, I believe a car should be nothing more than safe, convenient, reliable transport from point a to b, I personally wouldn't spend more than $4000 on the purchase of any car, yes, I will only buy second hand even if the car looks like a rusted, dented can with torn seats, Just as long as its reliable and road worthy.

Luxury and elegance is pointless and impractical. It's the same with the phone I get.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Considering importing 1 from Japan as their about half the price of buying one here in Australia. With half the miles.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux. Prepare for January 26.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699