Zte Axon 7 vs Nexus 6p-

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Which one to choose? This will be my semi-first Android phone after having to return the Note 7, which to be honest with you, did not like the experience. Not sure if was a Samsung or Android problem. So looking for close to stock android experience, since I am coming from an iPhone.

Axon has expandable memory, which after getting the free 256GB from Samsung Note 7, I will now have a use for it.
Axon has dual speakers
Axon screen size is 5.5, which I believe is better to handle in the hands than the bigger 5.7
Axon has a 2 years warranty and a $79 payment if anything should happen to the phone
I am with AT&T, works well with AT&T.

Nexus 6p, bigger screen, good or bad? Functional? I found the Note 7 5.7 screen hard to handle and reach at time
Nexus 6p, better camera that Axon?
No expandable memory

What are some of your thoughts?

Price wise, I am waiting to see what Black Friday has to offer. If either gets discounted, that may be the deciding factor.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The note 7 and the axon are pretty much the same size when I set them on top of each other, those curved edges disguised how big 5.7 can be. Since the only fault in the 7 that you mentioned was the size I doubt you'd like a 6p.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I would go with the Axon 7 since it is newer and has better specs. I have the Nexus 6p, I love it but it has its problems. The phone is like a toaster in my hand when using it and especially when charging. The camera is decent but the camera app is really basic. No manual controls like on the Axon 7.

Graymonkey

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6P. The Axon 7 is considerably cheaper than the 6P but isn't compatible with Project Fi (which is the only reason I haven't switched from the 6P to the Axon 7). We'll see what phones are out next year but it wouldn't surprise me if I switched to the Axon 7 then. Tough to beat the specs.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6P. The Axon 7 is considerably cheaper than the 6P but isn't compatible with Project Fi (which is the only reason I haven't switched from the 6P to the Axon 7). We'll see what phones are out next year but it wouldn't surprise me if I switched to the Axon 7 then. Tough to beat the specs.

The Axon 7 can be used on fi, but you'll only be connected to T-Mobile. It wont swap to the other 2 carriers.

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Which one to choose? This will be my semi-first Android phone after having to return the Note 7, which to be honest with you, did not like the experience. Not sure if was a Samsung or Android problem. So looking for close to stock android experience, since I am coming from an iPhone.

Axon has expandable memory, which after getting the free 256GB from Samsung Note 7, I will now have a use for it.
Axon has dual speakers
Axon screen size is 5.5, which I believe is better to handle in the hands than the bigger 5.7
Axon has a 2 years warranty and a $79 payment if anything should happen to the phone
I am with AT&T, works well with AT&T.

Nexus 6p, bigger screen, good or bad? Functional? I found the Note 7 5.7 screen hard to handle and reach at time
Nexus 6p, better camera that Axon?
No expandable memory

What are some of your thoughts?

Price wise, I am waiting to see what Black Friday has to offer. If either gets discounted, that may be the deciding factor.

Also on AT&T here, I had a Note7, then "borrowed" a Note S7Edge, then returned that and used a Note4 until I picked up the Axon7 last week.

Love the phone, fantastic battery life (better than all the Samsungs IMO), and can't beat the price!

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Also on AT&T here, I had a Note7, then "borrowed" a Note S7Edge, then returned that and used a Note4 until I picked up the Axon7 last week.

Love the phone, fantastic battery life (better than all the Samsungs IMO), and can't beat the price!

The battery life has been insane for me too, my note 7 would be at 5-15% after a busy day but my axon is usually at 30-40!