No Backup To Restore

HelpNewbie1

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
I had a Pixel 7A, backed it up and then signed out of it and erased it. I sold it about a 5 days ago locally and then in the mean time went back to my Nexus 6P to use. I never erased the Nexus 6P so just turned it on and put my SIM card in and have used it.

I went to go set up my Pixel 8 Pro and it says the only backup it has to restore from is the Nexus 6P one made a couple of hours ago ( which I never started ). The Pixel 7A one seems to be MIA. Any Ideas or does anyone know a way to get it back. When I go to Drive.Google and look at backups I only see the 6P. I erased that to see if the 7A would show back up and it has not. Now it just shows no backups.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
That sounds like a nightmare. I backup all my phone files to a USB SSD so I can copy my data back if it gets lost. It seems like your data is lost. Have you checked the trash bin in Drive app?

HelpNewbie1

Oct 13, 2023
Visit site
That sounds like a nightmare. I backup all my phone files to a USB SSD so I can copy my data back if it gets lost. It seems like your data is lost. Have you checked the trash bin in Drive app?

Yep, just checked the trash and it's empty. I did do the same with my 7A kinda. I opened Android File Transfer on my Mac and then just dragged and dropped each folder to a folder on my desktop. Is there anyway to restore a backup from that?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Transfer the files onto a flash drive. Use the USB on the go adapter in your 7a box and connect the flash drive to the phone. Then using the files app you can move the folders back to your phone. That is how I do it. If you have the android folder there copy the data manually from the folder to the relevant folder in the android folder on your phone.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d