So your telling me i can get honeycomb on the nook color?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So i've been looking for a smaller, but with honeycomb. im seeing on here you guys do just that. i am strongly considering getting one tomorrow. How does it run? is it smooth and can you get the market on there to download anything like you would on any other tablet? How hard is it for someone who has never rooted or unlocked a device before?

Thanks in advance!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So i've been looking for a smaller, but with honeycomb. im seeing on here you guys do just that. i am strongly considering getting one tomorrow. How does it run? is it smooth and can you get the market on there to download anything like you would on any other tablet? How hard is it for someone who has never rooted or unlocked a device before?

Thanks in advance!
You can run Honeycomb on it but I do not recommend it. 1st, Honeycomb is not really necessary with a 7" screen and there are not many apps written for it. The other reason is that it is severely crippled because Google has not and will not release the source code. I could never get flash to work and for me that by itself was a deal breaker. Most here are using a version of CM7 which is a custom ROM running Gingerbread. it works extremely well and is being updated and improved almost every night. That would be my recommendations. Others will post theirs I am sure.

Reactions: jpe1961

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am going to use cm7 for sure. Overall is it difficult to do and where can I find the best instructions to do it. Also, can you get the market on the nc and get all my games on it?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

moshe5368

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Joe, the nook color, IMO, is one of the most capable 7" tablets on the market.Kudos to B&N for bringing this device to the public. I run CM7 with the latest nightly updates and have netflix and the full market available. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I give you the following:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jack Hughes

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You guys are the best. Google should be paying people who do these roms and what not. I bought a flyer and to be honest the nc is half the price and I like what I see. Thanks guys!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

aaoflaca

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Joe, the nook color, IMO, is one of the most capable 7" tablets on the market.Kudos to B&N for bringing this device to the public. I run CM7 with the latest nightly updates and have netflix and the full market available. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I give you the following:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

What App you are using to simulate the (Home,Menu,Back,Search) buttons on CM7?! , I found SoftKeys App installed but it is not that good.

Thanks