Need help with SD card not booting

kyjoe1

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to boot off an SD card and they worked great. Thanks for all the info. But, one day, I got froggy and decided to play with the Nook Color Tweaks. I was running 1200mhz with no problem but couldn't leave well enough alone. I got in there and started to adjust the frequencies of the lower steps. I didn't changed them alot, but evidently enough to cause it to lock up. I decided start over from scratch. I once again followed all the steps and got it to load from the SD card, saw the penguin and it scrolled through all the stuff. But, when I go to turn the nook back on after the shutdown, it will not boot off the SD card. It will only boot the BN Nook color. I have tried this several times with different builds with no luck. Does anybody have any ideas??

I looked for this question in another forum and could not find something similar, so I posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....:)

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to boot off an SD card and they worked great. Thanks for all the info. But, one day, I got froggy and decided to play with the Nook Color Tweaks. I was running 1200mhz with no problem but couldn't leave well enough alone. I got in there and started to adjust the frequencies of the lower steps. I didn't changed them alot, but evidently enough to cause it to lock up. I decided start over from scratch. I once again followed all the steps and got it to load from the SD card, saw the penguin and it scrolled through all the stuff. But, when I go to turn the nook back on after the shutdown, it will not boot off the SD card. It will only boot the BN Nook color. I have tried this several times with different builds with no luck. Does anybody have any ideas??

I looked for this question in another forum and could not find something similar, so I posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....:)

What program did you use to burn the card and did you run it as administrator?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

kyjoe1

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I used WinImager32 and when I pick Run As... since I do not have a password set up, I use the top option which is Owner.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I used WinImager32 and when I pick Run As... since I do not have a password set up, I use the top option which is Owner.

Do you only have one account? What version of windows are you using? You need to run win32 as admin for it to work correctly. Also did you make sure to check the md5 for all of the files you downloaded?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

kyjoe1

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on the sd card and tried to go emmc but having problems with this method also. Alot of forced closes and widgets not running. Thanks for your help. I will search for answers to these new questions.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on the sd card and tried to go emmc but having problems with this method also. Alot of forced closes and widgets not running. Thanks for your help. I will search for answers to these new questions.

Try fixing permissions in rom manager. That will fix a lot of force closes. What version are you running. I would recommend nightly 150.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy