anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have successfully increased the size of the sd card in CM7.1.0
I was limited to 337mb, but now I have 13.41gb to install apps and such. :cool:

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Huh?
Are you saying that you had only 337mb available on the card and now you have 13gb?
If so then you have a dud for a card.
Either you bought it off ebay or it's corrupted.

I am just curious, because if I could take a 1gb card and make it into an 8gb for my cameras I would :)

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Huh?
Are you saying that you had only 337mb available on the card and now you have 13gb?
If so then you have a dud for a card.
Either you bought it off ebay or it's corrupted.

I am just curious, because if I could take a 1gb card and make it into an 8gb for my cameras I would :)

No, when he wrote the image WinImage or whatever program he used only formatted as much space as it needed for the image. It is a common occurrence and most people use a utility such as EaseUs Partition Manager to stretch out the partition to recover the rest of the space.

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
No, when he wrote the image WinImage or whatever program he used only formatted as much space as it needed for the image. It is a common occurrence and most people use a utility such as EaseUs Partition Manager to stretch out the partition to recover the rest of the space.

Yes, after writing the generic sd-card image, you ended up with a 337mb sd card with a good chunk of space unallocated. So I used EaseUs Partition Manager and stretched only the CM7 sd card partition. Now that this is done, I have no reason to go back to nook stock. Unless it is to play my overpriced nook apps.

MISRy

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Also keep an eye on the daily free app thread. Picked up tapatalk there among others.

--------------------------------
Sent from the Center of my Mind

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and there are 132 free apps currently on the B&N site. Granted, most may not be what you are interested in, but the list keeps growing....

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about that, I rarely see anything I can't live without at B&N anymore. I was talking about the Amazon daily app.. (BTW: I'm thinking that thread might be on another board. :-[ )

Ahhhh, I gotcha! Yeah, I always check on my phone and if it's something I really like, I fire up the nook and get it.
Was looking at the B&N site and there are a few apps I really want. I guess it's like having best of both worlds.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Most are about $.99 unless you consider anything over $0 over-priced.

I consider most, if not all apps available from Barnes and noble to be over priced. And not just because they're nor free.
Compare the app prices on your nook to the prices from android market. Words with friends is 2.99 from b&n but free from the market. CM7 was worth flashing just for that (meaning better app prices, not words with friends)
So, in my opinion, the cost of an app should be the same regardless of where its purchased. The fact that many, if not most, apps from the android market cost MORE from Barnes and Nobles is enough for me to call them over priced.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

AnimeMania

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is a way to check if your SD Card has partions if you use Windows.
1) Insert SD Card into PC so that it appears as one of the drives.
2) Open Control Panel (Usually accessible fron the Start Menu)
3) Open Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage
4) Click Disk Management
This gives you a visual representation of all the storage devices, if a device has
multiple boxes, each box is a partition.

Here is a way to remove partions from a SD Card, but it will also erase the data.
Download SD Formatter 3.1 (free)
Make sure that the Drive you select is the SD Card!!!!!
Change the Format Option to FULL (OverWrite)
This will format the card, overwriting the partiton information.
Any information on the SD Card will be erased!!!!

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
What does everyone recommend for SD size and speed if I'm planning on running CM7 from the card (not rooting the NC).

I used to have a 4gb (I think) class 4 SD back when I did the honeycomb boot. It didn't work all that well and even though I kept finding that card floating around the house for about a year now - just recently (now that I want it again) it has disappeared. So Now I need to buy a new one for CM7.

What is the minimum speed? And is there a maximum speed (meaning cards that are say class 10 seem to fail)? And what is a minimum or maximum size? Lastly, is there a preferred brand? I remember seeing at one point a post somewhere where somebody recommended only SanDisk, but I can't remember why.

There is a 32gb SanDisk Class 4 for $30 on newegg
There is also a 16gb Patriot Class 10 on sale for $18.00

I'm leaning towards the class 10 for performance and the price - but at the same time, I don't want to future limit myself by not getting a 32gb. Thoughts?

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What does everyone recommend for SD size and speed if I'm planning on running CM7 from the card (not rooting the NC).

I used to have a 4gb (I think) class 4 SD back when I did the honeycomb boot. It didn't work all that well and even though I kept finding that card floating around the house for about a year now - just recently (now that I want it again) it has disappeared. So Now I need to buy a new one for CM7.

What is the minimum speed? And is there a maximum speed (meaning cards that are say class 10 seem to fail)? And what is a minimum or maximum size? Lastly, is there a preferred brand? I remember seeing at one point a post somewhere where somebody recommended only SanDisk, but I can't remember why.

There is a 32gb SanDisk Class 4 for $30 on newegg
There is also a 16gb Patriot Class 10 on sale for $18.00

I'm leaning towards the class 10 for performance and the price - but at the same time, I don't want to future limit myself by not getting a 32gb. Thoughts?

I have cards ranging from 2GB to 32GB, and they are all different brands and are all class 4. Never had a problem with class 4 cards(including 32GB).