Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post Your NookColor Screens

I'll start things off - this is a single-homescreen setup, running on the Zeam Launcher, with help from Desktop Visualizer and Folder Organizer.

The battery widget is SwitchPro (which I had to sideload out of my DInc's Titanium Backup folder - yes, I paid for it, but I couldn't find it in the NC Market). The clock is SiMi Clock.

Under the Pandora widget, the big six icons are all custom made by me, and the "Gaming" is actually a folder.

I've attached those icons below, along with a couple of wallpapers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your NookColor Screens-browser.png   Post Your NookColor Screens-desktop.png   Post Your NookColor Screens-gaming.png   Post Your NookColor Screens-market.png   Post Your NookColor Screens-wikipedia.png  

Post Your NookColor Screens-tweetdeck.png   Post Your NookColor Screens-alps.jpg   Post Your NookColor Screens-purple-sky.jpg   Post Your NookColor Screens-wasteland.jpg  
    Last edited by Aatrek; 01-01-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

How to Take a Screenshot with NookColor

The NookColor actually has a built-in screenshot hardware combo. [b]Hold down the "N" button, and then quickly tap the volume down button. Quickly release both buttons. Wait about 3-5 seconds and you will get a notification that you took a snapshot.

Third-party apps like ShootMe, etc., also work.

Wallpapers

A single-screen setup uses a wallpaper set at 600x1024. If you have three screens, you'll need a wallpaper set at 1280x1024.

To put your wallpaper images (PNG files look the best) on the device, drop them using your favorite file browser to Device > Media > My Files > Wallpapers. Make sure they're on the internal memory, not your SD card.

The best way to make sure your wallpaper displays cleanly on your NC is to apply it through the Nook system! Go to Nook Settings > App Settings/Home> Set Wallpaper. Choose your file from the "Wallpaper" tab, NOT THE "PHOTO GALLERY." Don't ask me why, this just works the best and sizes your images without distortion.
    Last edited by Aatrek; 12-31-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Thanked by 4:
    bwarndmkleinuscguymkhall 

I'm having trouble getting wallpaper to show up correctly. How did you get yours to work?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Did you follow the above instructions?

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Smile

Pretty simple for me. I have a second screen with all my games (Angry Birds & the like).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your NookColor Screens-11-01-05-1.jpg  
    HTC Hero - Sprint | ClockworkMod | RockSolid GingerSense, Android 2.3
    Nook Color CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3

Fear denies Faith
    Samsung BlackJack II>HTC Touch Pro>HTC Hero
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by Aatrek View Post
    Did you follow the above instructions?
    Maybe I'm missing the part about getting wallpaper to work. I even downloaded the files you provided but for some reason it doesn't show up right.

I've had some better luck setting the wallpaper while in landscape mode.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Aatrek how do you get the icons to be that size? I got the apps you talked about to create your style desktop but it keeps making small app icons on my screen. I really like your clean simple look but can't get it replicated.

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by mattjhamilton View Post
    Aatrek how do you get the icons to be that size? I got the apps you talked about to create your style desktop but it keeps making small app icons on my screen. I really like your clean simple look but can't get it replicated.
    If you haven't yet changed your LCD density from the stock 170, that might be why. Both stickied tips threads have instructions for doing that.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Current configuration of "Make your Clock" Beta2.

Last edited by bugeyed; 02-04-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

For those having sizing problems with wallpaper, I read somewhere to change back to the stock launcher & change wallpaper, then switch back to your launcher of choice.

Cheers,
    kev

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

How to Take a Screenshot with NookColor

The NookColor actually has a built-in screenshot hardware combo. [b]Hold down the "N" button, and then quickly tap the volume down button. Quickly release both buttons. Wait about 3-5 seconds and you will get a notification that you took a snapshot.
    Thanks for this tip - I didn't know this, Question: will this work under Run Nookie Froyo off SD card ?

Thanks
    A Dude

Global Posts
    897 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

1st pic is my screen. 2nd pic is the actual wallpaper im using. Why are the colors in my screen shot so off? How can i rotate the screen shot? Still trying to get this thing all figured out...

Edit: here is another SS using the n + volume down button. The previous SS was using an app called "screenshot" so i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk

Haven't had too much time to play around with it, so it's looking pretty plain so far.

Default Here's mine!

After lots of tweaking, finally got something minimalistic that I dig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your NookColor Screens-snap20110203_181215.jpg  
    A Dude

Global Posts
    897 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by brissont View Post
    How did you get the simi clock widget to be longer like that? I didn't see a setting to adjust the size of it... and how did u get the power manager and full week to display?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Nothing too special.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkfan18 View Post
    How did you get the simi clock widget to be longer like that? I didn't see a setting to adjust the size of it... and how did u get the power manager and full week to display?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    Simi clock is set at 1x5. I'm running Froyo internally, I'm not sure if rooted stock ROM will allow you to set the widget that wide. The top banner is actually three separate widgets with corresponding transparency. The days of the week are due to the OneSeven widget, and the power manager is thanks to Widgetsoid2.x. Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by brissont View Post
    That wallpaper is fantastic.

ROM
    Stock Moto, CM7

Figured I'd show off Lloyd in all his glory, I can't tell you how many comments I get on him being my background Nothing super impressive, but I really do like the Circle Launcher widget, I use it for my most commonly used widgets, and it keeps my home screen pretty clean. On all my Android devices I've used the first screen to the right for all my "system" widgets, including settings widgets, and first screen to the left is games. Just makes sense in my mind

ROM
    CleanROM

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
    Current configuration of "Make your Clock" Beta2.

Zeam or LP?

Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    Zeam or LP?
    Looks like zeam. Most people seem to be using it.
    T-Mobile vibrant w/o root. Waiting for Froyo.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Rooted NC 1.01, stock Android, Zeam 2.8.7, Simi Clock, Desktop Visualizer with a custom icon set I made. Background from Flikie HD - will work until I find something better.

Main Screen:

Games Screen:

Utilities Screen (will be busier soon):

Quote Originally Posted by nchopp View Post
    Rooted NC 1.01, stock Android, Zeam 2.8.7, Simi Clock, Desktop Visualizer with a custom icon set I made. Background from Flikie HD - will work until I find something better.

Main Screen:

Games Screen:

Utilities Screen (will be busier soon):
    So nice looking! So all I have to do is download this Zeam thing and mine can look like this (well, similar)? Can I ask a dumb question? What happened to the books? LOL. Like, where are they in this configuration?

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Zeam and one of the Xoom wallpapers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast