Post Your NookColor Screens

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll start things off - this is a single-homescreen setup, running on the Zeam Launcher, with help from Desktop Visualizer and Folder Organizer.

9laff5.png

The battery widget is SwitchPro (which I had to sideload out of my DInc's Titanium Backup folder - yes, I paid for it, but I couldn't find it in the NC Market). The clock is SiMi Clock.

Under the Pandora widget, the big six icons are all custom made by me, and the "Gaming" is actually a folder.

I've attached those icons below, along with a couple of wallpapers.

Last edited:

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
How to Take a Screenshot with NookColor

The NookColor actually has a built-in screenshot hardware combo. Hold down the "N" button, and then quickly tap the volume down button. Quickly release both buttons. Wait about 3-5 seconds and you will get a notification that you took a snapshot.

Third-party apps like ShootMe, etc., also work.

Wallpapers

A single-screen setup uses a wallpaper set at 600x1024. If you have three screens, you'll need a wallpaper set at 1280x1024.

To put your wallpaper images (PNG files look the best) on the device, drop them using your favorite file browser to Device > Media > My Files > Wallpapers. Make sure they're on the internal memory, not your SD card.

The best way to make sure your wallpaper displays cleanly on your NC is to apply it through the Nook system! Go to Nook Settings > App Settings/Home> Set Wallpaper. Choose your file from the "Wallpaper" tab, NOT THE "PHOTO GALLERY." Don't ask me why, this just works the best and sizes your images without distortion.

Last edited:

uscguy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Aatrek how do you get the icons to be that size? I got the apps you talked about to create your style desktop but it keeps making small app icons on my screen. I really like your clean simple look but can't get it replicated.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Aatrek how do you get the icons to be that size? I got the apps you talked about to create your style desktop but it keeps making small app icons on my screen. I really like your clean simple look but can't get it replicated.

If you haven't yet changed your LCD density from the stock 170, that might be why. Both stickied tips threads have instructions for doing that.

bugeyed

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
For those having sizing problems with wallpaper, I read somewhere to change back to the stock launcher & change wallpaper, then switch back to your launcher of choice.

Cheers,
kev

dmklein

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
How to Take a Screenshot with NookColor

The NookColor actually has a built-in screenshot hardware combo. Hold down the "N" button, and then quickly tap the volume down button. Quickly release both buttons. Wait about 3-5 seconds and you will get a notification that you took a snapshot.

Thanks for this tip - I didn't know this, Question: will this work under Run Nookie Froyo off SD card ?

Thanks

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
4881f60b-10bc-478b.jpg

4881f60b-10cf-1718.jpg

1st pic is my screen. 2nd pic is the actual wallpaper im using. Why are the colors in my screen shot so off? How can i rotate the screen shot? Still trying to get this thing all figured out...

Edit: here is another SS using the n + volume down button. The previous SS was using an app called "screenshot" so i wonder if that has anything to do with it?

4881f60b-2476-f6b8.jpg

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
After lots of tweaking, finally got something minimalistic that I dig :)

How did you get the simi clock widget to be longer like that? I didn't see a setting to adjust the size of it... and how did u get the power manager and full week to display?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

brissont

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the simi clock widget to be longer like that? I didn't see a setting to adjust the size of it... and how did u get the power manager and full week to display?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Simi clock is set at 1x5. I'm running Froyo internally, I'm not sure if rooted stock ROM will allow you to set the widget that wide. The top banner is actually three separate widgets with corresponding transparency. The days of the week are due to the OneSeven widget, and the power manager is thanks to Widgetsoid2.x. Hope this helps!

Reactions: jayhawkfan18

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Figured I'd show off Lloyd in all his glory, I can't tell you how many comments I get on him being my background :) Nothing super impressive, but I really do like the Circle Launcher widget, I use it for my most commonly used widgets, and it keeps my home screen pretty clean. On all my Android devices I've used the first screen to the right for all my "system" widgets, including settings widgets, and first screen to the left is games. Just makes sense in my mind ;)

CAP201102041311.jpg

CAP2011020413151.jpg

CAP201102041314.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress